• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O Canaries Cruise in January

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&O Canaries Cruise in January

Can anyone give me some information please? I am going on a cruise with my Dad and his partner who cannot walk very far and I was wondering if there were some shore trips that we can do ourselves as booking the P&O ones can be pretty expensive. We would prefer scenic tours with not much walking involved.

We are going to Lisbon, La Coruna, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, La Palma and Madeira.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum Sue
    Most Places have the Hop on Hop off buses but getting to the bus stop may pose a problem.
    I would consider a fold up wheel chair ?
    I would Google each port and see what tourist information comes up ,and if they give a web address contact the tourist info and ask them .
    Taxi tours are often a cheaper way to tour if there is 3 or 4 of you in the party,and there are always plenty of taxi drivers looking for fares at all the ports you mention. ...Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

I agree with the suggestions made by Taffy regards ports of call. If you do not want to buy a wheel chair some mobility retailers do hire wheel chairs.

If there are mobility problems you would be wise to book assistance at Southampton. A wheel chair and attendant will be provided to take the person and the accompanying passengers through check-in, security and onto the ship, this saves a lot of time and ensures you arrive on the ship safe and sound. My father-in-law is quite mobile with his stick and although we did not book assistance this was offered and gratefully received when the very helpful staff noticed he was moving very slowly in the check-in-queue. Have a fantastic cruise.
      Oriana
      Oceana
      Ventura
      Queen Mary 2
      Queen Victoria
      Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Thanks for the advice Taffy, I will certainly Google the ports and look into it further

Comment

Thanks Happy, we have arranged assistance at Southampton so that will be a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Rowe, Rugby View Post
            Thanks Happy, we have arranged assistance at Southampton so that will be a big help.
            You are welcome, have a great cruise,
            Oriana
            Oceana
            Ventura
            Queen Mary 2
            Queen Victoria
            Queen Elizabeth

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy