• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CVI Visa's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVI Visa's

Our future cunard cruise visits Cape Verde or Cabo Verde as some call it. GB passengers need a visa, and cunard did show CVI on their list of visa's they take care of on arrival.

CVI is now no longer on the list. some webs say a visa is not req'd as you are in transit others say you need one.

Cannot get an answer out of Cunard or CVI.

Anyone been there recently and solve the querey please

Hi Duetto. We sailed Barcelona to Cape Town last year with a short stop in Cape Verde. We were told we would need a visa which we could buy on arrival at a cost of (I think £25 approx. each). I can't remember the exact amount as we were only going to be there for a couple of hours and I didn't think it worth it by the time we would get off. However, speaking to people on board, some said we needed visas, some said not. We decided to go for a walk on the pier to get our land legs as we had been at sea for about 13 days at that stage and keep walking as far as we could. We got to the gate, as far as I remember they looked at our passports and we were waived through. We had a few enjoyable hours there but repositioning on MSC was not all about the port or the amount of time they allowed there. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Noreen

Comment

Duetto, If you need a visa for any ports of call on a world cruise Cunard will get them for you and the cost is added to your on board account. You have no choice in the matter. The visas you will have to get yourself will be for India and China. You will not be allowed on board in Southampton if you have not got an Indian Visa. Hope this helps.

Comment

Cunard just replied it is passengers responsibility. CVI London said need one too and sent a link. On a mobile at present will send fuller info when back my laptop tomorrow

Comment

Duetto, I am assuming that CVI is some kind of visa agency.

If so, why pay an additional agency fee to obtain a visa?

The official site for Indian Visa's is vfs.global and can only be obtained personally, not by the cruiseline.

Maggie is correct, no Indian visa, no initial boarding.

Hopefully others will help with China............Wilba
          Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
            Duetto, I am assuming that CVI is some kind of visa agency.

If so, why pay an additional agency fee to obtain a visa?

The official site for Indian Visa's is vfs.global and can only be obtained personally, not by the cruiseline.

Maggie is correct, no Indian visa, no initial boarding.

Hopefully others will help with China............Wilba
            I'm not sure if a visa is required for cruise ship passengers visiting Cape Verde. The TA who booked the cruise will be able to tell Duetto. What I DO know is he won't require an Indian visa as the ship is not visiting any ports in India.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
              I'm not sure if a visa is required for cruise ship passengers visiting Cape Verde. The TA who booked the cruise will be able to tell Duetto. What I DO know is he won't require an Indian visa as the ship is not visiting any ports in India.
              Ah! No India port of call, that's a good thing then as it saves a load of hassle regarding visas..

Comment

Sorry I thought the term CVI was well known it is Cape Verde Islands.

Comment

Cunards reply to my enq relating to what I posted at the start of this thread.

Not what I was expecting

from Cunard
                  "Good afternoon,

Unfortunately it is the responsibility of the passenger to arrange visas for their journey.

Together with our preferred visa provider CIBT we are pleased to provide you a simple online solution to all your World Cruise visa requirements www.cibtvisas.co.uk/pocruises.

The online portal will provide you with:
                  Detailed visa information specific to your cruise
                  Details of required documentation needed to support your applications
                  Application forms available for you to print out and send to CIBT

Kind Regards.
                  Customer Services

Your enquiry tracking number is EWV5R68. If you need to contact us about your enquiry, please quote this number.

Yours sincerely

Frequently Asked Questions
                  Cunard Line"

Comment

Originally posted by DUETTO, Staines View Post
                    Even I knew that abbreviation

2 links which may or may not be useful:

Cape Verde: Entry requirements / VISA

or

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Good Luck

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by DUETTO, Staines View Post
                      I've never seen the term 'CVI' used until you posted it as a quick reference. I have heard of Cabo Verde.

Comment

We are calling at CVI on a Fred Olsen cruise early next year. As I had no idea that we would need visas, I just phoned FO. They told me that if you are on a cruises ship, you are considered as being in transit and therefore a visa is not required.
                        Jill

Comment

thanks for all the comments

Comment

I can understand Cunard wanting to make it clear that it is your responsibility to obtain any necessary visas, but I thought their reply was very unhelpful. But if you use the CIBT website, you say have a British Passport, and you are "in transit", it will confirm that a visa is not required.

HAL are much better at providing this information. Pity Cunard could not be as clear as their sister company!

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets...Visas_Reqs_PDF

Comment

I think cunard reply was a computer generated one not a real person.

happy now andwill leaveit be

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X