• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spanish riding school in Jerez from Cadiz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spanish riding school in Jerez from Cadiz

Hiya has anyone been to the Spanish Riding school in Jerez? We dock in cadiz on our next cruise and it looks fairly easy to do with the times we are in port and the distance to Jerez. R.C.I offer it as an excursion but it includes a sherry tasting visit also and as only one adult in our party of four drinks I see little point in the additional cost.
    Cadiz tourist info website says you can get a return taxi with four hours of driver waiting for up to €160.

Would be really interested to hear from anyone that's done this. We are real horsey people having 7 at home and enjoy our yearly visits to Olympia and the likes but this sounds like a good opportunity.

Thanks in advance x

Spanish Riding School

UOTE=Hawkinsmg;641290]Hiya has anyone been to the Spanish Riding school in Jerez? We dock in cadiz on our next cruise and it looks fairly easy to do with the times we are in port and the distance to Jerez. R.C.I offer it as an excursion but it includes a sherry tasting visit also and as only one adult in our party of four drinks I see little point in the additional cost.
    Cadiz tourist info website says you can get a return taxi with four hours of driver waiting for up to €160.

Would be really interested to hear from anyone that's done this. We are real horsey people having 7 at home and enjoy our yearly visits to Olympia and the likes but this sounds like a good opportunity.

Thanks in advance x[/QUOTE]
    We were in Cadiz in May on The Adventure of the Seas and went to the Royal Riding School with RC.so unable to help
    with a D.I.Y.but it is well worth going to see,the horsemanship is truly outstanding.I wouldn't bother with the sherry tasting
    we didn't enjoy that at all.Go I know you will enjoy,the gardens and school buildings are beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kernow, Penzance View Post
      UOTE=Hawkinsmg;641290]Hiya has anyone been to the Spanish Riding school in Jerez? We dock in cadiz on our next cruise and it looks fairly easy to do with the times we are in port and the distance to Jerez. R.C.I offer it as an excursion but it includes a sherry tasting visit also and as only one adult in our party of four drinks I see little point in the additional cost.

Thanks in advance x
      We were in Cadiz in May on The Adventure of the Seas and went to the Royal Riding School with RC.so unable to help
      with a D.I.Y.but it is well worth going to see,the horsemanship is truly outstanding.I wouldn't bother with the sherry tasting
      we didn't enjoy that at all.Go I know you will enjoy,the gardens and school buildings are beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Please can you recall if there was a cafe there? I know there is a gift shop but wondered if anywhere to grab a bite to eat seeing as we will be there from approx 10am-2pm if we do the short tour and watch the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
        we didn't enjoy that at all.Go I know you will enjoy,the gardens and school buildings are beautiful.
        Thank you. Please can you recall if there was a cafe there? I know there is a gift shop but wondered if anywhere to grab a bite to eat seeing as we will be there from approx 10am-2pm if we do the short tour and watch the show.[/QUOTE]

Someone has made a recent comment on the Spanish Riding School site on Trip Advisor. They have stated that the cafeteria has closed and there is now just a machine for drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
          Thank you. Please can you recall if there was a cafe there? I know there is a gift shop but wondered if anywhere to grab a bite to eat seeing as we will be there from approx 10am-2pm if we do the short tour and watch the show.
          Someone has made a recent comment on the Spanish Riding School site on Trip Advisor. They have stated that the cafeteria has closed and there is now just a machine for drinks.[/QUOTE]

I didnt think of trip adviser thanks blondie

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
            Someone has made a recent comment on the Spanish Riding School site on Trip Advisor. They have stated that the cafeteria has closed and there is now just a machine for drinks.
            I didnt think of trip adviser thanks blondie[/QUOTE]

Pleased to be of help. I hope you enjoy the Real Escuela, it sounds the perfect trip for a horse lover.

When I visited Jerez, I took a flamenco and sherry tasting tour. The dancing was great, but I didn't think much of the sherry.

Comment

Hubby allergic to alcohol and kids too young to drink so we aren't interested in the sherry tasting. I've now read loads of reviews on trip advisor and a couple on the other cruise forum website x

Comment

We did both last Tuesday....the sherry part was long winded, and I now know more about sun dried grapes and dark sherry ....The horse riding was terrific; G's brother is a 3 day eventer, so he knows many of the moves and was fascinated; I enjoyed it all, but especially the novice horses on their long reins, who each did a tiny solo turn, including the famous kick back jump.
                It was machine refreshments only, and G says the hot drinks wasn't working. I should think there were around 200 people in the hall, taking up less than half the seats. Although we went on a cruise tour, we had individual tickets for the show, which said €13 on them.
                Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
                  We did both last Tuesday....the sherry part was long winded, and I now know more about sun dried grapes and dark sherry ....The horse riding was terrific; G's brother is a 3 day eventer, so he knows many of the moves and was fascinated; I enjoyed it all, but especially the novice horses on their long reins, who each did a tiny solo turn, including the famous kick back jump.
                  It was machine refreshments only, and G says the hot drinks wasn't working. I should think there were around 200 people in the hall, taking up less than half the seats. Although we went on a cruise tour, we had individual tickets for the show, which said €13 on them.
                  Thanks jo. Did you do the tour as well as the show? Im wondering whether to book the short tour as some trip advisor reviews say you are free to wander. Would you feel comfortable doing it on your own rather than as a ships tour? It looks like there is a taxi rank at cadiz port.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X