• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D.I.Y Madeira/Tenerife-La Laguna.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• novice, Wales
    started a topic D.I.Y Madeira/Tenerife-La Laguna.

D.I.Y Madeira/Tenerife-La Laguna.

Can someone tell me how to transfer from word to this site with copy and paste?
    Last edited by novice, Wales; 6th December 2012, 01:48 PM. Reason: not legeble

• PG of A, A
    replied
    I do it every time as I have to spell checks my replies as my spelling is terrible.

Left click and highlight the words that you want to transferee. It will change colour, left click on it and right click on "copy or cut"

Put your cursor in the reply box, right click and left click on "paste"

Easy as that

Originally posted by novice, Wales View Post
    Can someone tell me how to transfer from word to this site with copy and paste?

Leave a comment:

• novice, Wales
    replied
    D.I.Y..Canaries/ Madeira/Tenerife-la Laguna .

Madeira
    It is a far walk into the little town, if you are inclined to walk and very able.
    P&O did provide a shuttle bus into the town for its passengers, I believe there was disabled facilities on some of the busses.
    The town is very pretty with lots of small shops.
    There is an open top bus takes you quiet a way around the island at a cost of 12 euro pp. The trip takes about 1 1/2 hours. It is a hop on or off bus so you can get off any time to explore by yourself.
    The cable car going from the promenade to the top will cost you 15 euro pp both way's , or 10 euro's one way.
    Brody's wine distillery is worth a visit if you have the time.
    There are three tours to chose from;30 min tour will cost 3.30 euro pp. 45 min tour will cost 5.50 euro pp. I can't remember what the third cost I think it took about an hour or so, at the end of the tour they give you a glass of the wine that they produce. There is a shop that you can by the wine from, and the bathroom facilities where very clean.

Tenerife- La Laguna.
    Having read a little information that was available here on cruise's forum about La Laguna ( LL) I wanted to find out as much as I could about this place myself on my visit.
    P&O provided again a shuttle bus but only to the end of the dock. A free map was given on disembarking the ship.
    If you are interested to go and see this place, and I can say it is worth it, please read on.
    Make your way towards the tourist information centre, where you can ask for a map of LL.
    We went with their local tram which was very easy to find and use.
    The tram stop is about 5 min away from the T.Inf Centre. Ticket can be purchased at the tram stop.
    2.50 Euro PP return, you need to take it in the direction of La Trinidad (line 1). The ticket booth has a language button . The journey takes about 35min in all and LL is at the terminal, so you have to get off anyway.
    Once in LL face the end of the street with your back facing the end of the tram line.
    Go straight to the end of that road, the road crossing you is called "Calla Herradores", you turn right there and walk till the next street left into " Calla Viana" . then first right again into " Antigua Calla La Carrera" or as the locals call it " Calle Obispo Rey Redondo" . Make your way to the tourist information centre ( we didn't have this information and it took us ages to find it eventually ).It is a dark yellow sort of building with just a plack on the outside.
    In the TI centre they do English speaking FREE TOURS, and it was well worth having the tour, they are from Monday - Friday I believe twice a day. The English speaking tour guise " Natalia" was excellent, very informative. There are no tours on Saturday, ask I asked her what if a ship comes in on a Saturday would the put on a tour, she said if there would be enough interest in it the council might think of employing someone to do it.She gave me the internet link for anyone who wanted more information about LL.
    This is what she wrote to me.

TOURS IN ENGLISH (until the 4th of January 2013)
    Mondays to Fridays 13:00

From the 8th of January until the 1st of March, the timetable will be the following:
    Mondays and Fridays at 11:00
    Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 11:30

TOURS IN FRENCH (until the 4th of January 2013)
    Mondays and Fridays 11:00
    Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 11:30

From the 8th of January until the 1st of March, the timetable will be the following:
    Mondays and Fridays at 11:45
    Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12:00

TOURS IN GERMAN (until the 4th of January 2013)
    Mondays and Fridays 11:45
    Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 12:00

Mondays to Fridays at 13:00

We also offer you the possibility of booking a special timetable for groups. If by any chance, the timetable mentioned before does not suit you, you can also book, by mailing us to this adress, a tour only for you. This tour can be again mondays to fridays at: 09:30 / 11:30 / 13:00 / 17:00 (it depends on availability).

We hope the information is useful for you, and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards.
    Natalia.

This is the e-mail address
    coordinador@visitlalaguna.es
    We could have spend hours in LL, with its cobbled street and the history of the place. There are loads of places to eat and have a drink.
    We met one couple who had made their way there by taxi and had to pay 25 euro's and the taxi driver was waiting for them to take them back so they couldn't spend a lot of time there, it was a shame for them. I can recommend this place for a D.I.Y. the journey on the tram was great. Information of the tram ( Metro) below.
    Metropolitano de Tenerife - Tipo de Billetes y Tarifas

I hope for all of you D.I.Y 'ers this is a little help.

Gina

It was all with funny script before
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• SandieA, Torbay
    replied
    Or simply highlight the text you want in Word - right click mouse to get copy option.
    Come to this site - right click mouse and select paste - job done.

Leave a comment:

• JOHN B SLOOP, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
    replied
    Hi Is this a serious question. I may be had but I'll tell you. First use the left hand button on your mouse to "cover in" the type you need. Press Ctrl C. Open up the cruise co uk page and press the left hand mouse button on the place where you want the text to begin (a large cursor line will flash) and finally Press Ctrl V

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X