• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few photos of Tallinn, Estonia from August 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few photos of Tallinn, Estonia from August 2016

I was browsing the forum this morning and found what I consider to be a very underused area. Given the many experienced cruisers we have in our forum then it should be brimming with information and tales of adventure.

Being as it has been just over a year since we were there I thought a few photos of Tallin might be a good idea.

I don't recall too many details about our day but do remember we thoroughly enjoyed wandereing around the really pictuesque old town. Below is a link to my blog account of our day there which reveals more than I can recall at the moment.

Celebrity Eclipse Postcard #6 - Tallinn, Estonia

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (247) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (252) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (251) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (256) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (266) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (268) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (275) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (283) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (285) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (289) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (302) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (310) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (339) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (314) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (320) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

2016 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Cruise (324) by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr
    www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Thanks for the pics. We enjoyed Tallinn, but I'm not really anxious to repeat the Baltic cruise. I really don't like Russia. I should like to go back to Stockholm. It poured down, so we did not see it at it's best! Judith

Comment

Lovely photos I loved Tallinn, so pretty .................................................. .........................Carol

Comment

Very nice pictures, brings back fond memories of a couple of trips to Talin

John

Comment

Beautiful shots.

The first time we went with Celebrity years ago we moored within walking distance of the town, I see it is now a transfer..Carol

Comment

The Baltic always looks stunning and your photos confirm it, but somehow I just can't get excited enough to book a cruise there.

The independent tours get wonderful reviews, but they just appear to be hard work to me.

I used to have similar thoughts about the Fjords, as I prefer hot and sunny, but I must admit I enjoyed them tremendously.

It would have to be a similar deal to get me going. Seven nights, QM2, mid July £499............Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

Wow, what wonderful photos. It really makes me want to do a Baltic cruise more than ever. Thank you for sharing them.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                The Baltic always looks stunning and your photos confirm it, but somehow I just can't get excited enough to book a cruise there.
                Great images!

That probably says more about you Wilba, than the Batlic! (Malcolm ducks for cover)

Don't worry, once Jane McDonald has been on TV visiting, everybody will go there!
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

The independent tours get wonderful reviews, but they just appear to be hard work to me.
                  Hi Wilba.
                  i think everyone should do at least one Baltic cruise,but i agree with you,it is hard work.
                  I have done two Baltic cruises in the last 2 years,the first was a great experience..the likes of Tallin (my fav in the Baltic),St Pete's,,,and depending where you dock Stockholm,are great stops if the weather is good,,,Helsinki not so much.
                  You have to do the 2 day St Petersburg tour to get the best out of it.

Second time around 3 weeks ago the novelty wears off,coupled with unpredictable weather the ports are hit and miss.

We booked a afternoon walk on 2nd day in St Petersburg (Up Nevsky Prospect) starting at 13:30,,,,,looked at the sky,looked at weather forecast on iPad,,,,,no chance,,,,never got off the ship,,,14:00 to 17:00 the heavens opened,those on the tours who did Peterhof Gardens in the afternoon came back on board like drowned rats.

After x3 Fiords,x2 Round Britain and x2 Baltics in the last 3 years,plus one Atlantic coast and a jaunt around the Channel coming up,was looking at Iceland from Dublin next year,but have had enough of cold water cruising,,,,its back to the warm water cruising in the Med next year.

Love Tallin when the sun shines,i wish they would knock that chimney down though,,,,spoils the photo.

JC
                  Last edited by jc, liverpool; 27th August 2017, 11:42 AM.
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Yep, it's that 2 day tour that puts me off JC.

I just love a little more freedom, rather than be herded..............Wilba
                    Wilba

Comment

Yep, it's that 2 day tour that puts me off JC.

I just love a little more freedom, rather than be herded..............Wilba
                      We had a private two day tour in St.Petersburg, but we were with a family group of ten which made it cost effective. I certainly wouldn't enjoy a coach tour there, but really I don't enjoy coach tours anywhere for the same reason. We were able to adjust the time in each place to suit our preferences.

Tallin was one of our favourite stops. We docked close to town and took a 'free' walking tour which was one of the best we have done anywhere. Afterwards we explored the market and the little shops around the square. I am very glad we did the Baltic cruise, but I don't think I would do it again, there are too many other places to experience.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                        Great images!

That probably says more about you Wilba, than the Batlic! (Malcolm ducks for cover)

Don't worry, once Jane McDonald has been on TV visiting, everybody will go there!
                        I never say never Malcolm.

If a QM2, mid summer to the Baltic comes up at five hundred quid, I'll give it a whirl...........Wilba
                        Wilba

Comment

We thought that too but as it was an area the mother-in law hadn't been so we decided to give it a go with her.

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                          Beautiful shots.

The first time we went with Celebrity years ago we moored within walking distance of the town, I see it is now a transfer..Carol
                          It was within walking distance but we had two senior travellers which we needed to take into consideration.
                          If we ever go back then we will walk it.
                          There were plenty that did walk.

Originally posted by jc, Liverpool View Post
                          Hi Wilba.
                          I think everyone should do at least one Baltic cruise, but I agree with you, it is hard work.
                          I have done two Baltic cruises in the last 2 years, the first was a great experience..the likes of Tallin (my fav in the Baltic).

JC
                          We have now done the one ...... saw what we wanted to see and now wish to return to warmer cruises. That said we have another cold one coming up in January and would also love to do Alaska at some point.

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
                          We had a private two-day tour in St.Petersburg, but we were with a family group of ten which made it cost effective. I certainly wouldn't enjoy a coach tour there, but really I don't enjoy coach tours anywhere for the same reason. We were able to adjust the time in each place to suit our preferences.

Tallin was one of our favourite stops. We docked close to town and took a 'free' walking tour which was one of the best we have done anywhere. Afterwards, we explored the market and the little shops around the square. I am very glad we did the Baltic cruise, but I don't think I would do it again, there are too many other places to experience.

Sheila
                          Tallinn was one of the standout ports for us. As you say lots of places and little shops to explore and great when the weather is kind to you. We felt very at ease wandering around the little-cobbled streets.
                          www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

That brings back so many great memories, it's one of my favourite cities.. Thanks. ....Neil

Comment

I liked Tallinn. My DH printed out a self guided walking tour from the internet, which we followed. We walked from the ship, it took a while, but not difficult. Wasn't that impressed with the other ports but loved St Petersburg. Two full day tours with the middle evening at the Ballet left us exhausted, but want to go back again to finish St Pete's off. Only problem is the weather, winter in August not my Husbands idea of a holiday!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X