• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zeebruges, Copenhagen, Helsingborg & Oslo - Tips Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeebruges, Copenhagen, Helsingborg & Oslo - Tips Please

Dear All,

I am going on a cruise onboard the Grand Princess departing Sat 22nd May 2010 visiting the ports above.

I am travelling as a party of 5, one of whom (my DD) is only 20 months old. We want to get off the ship at each port, and have a look around independantly of the cruise ships organised tours, one reason for money, and the other for freedom.

Please, does anyone have any tips, advice on what to do / see etc..

So far, I have decided to do Copenhagen independantly, I think we are going to go to the city centre, shopping area, look around, have some lunch and then go to Tivoli Gardens (where apparently we can also see the original replica of the Little Mermaid whilst the original has been hoisted off the Shanghai until later in the year). Can Copenhagen be done by foot from the cruise terminal?

Also, any tips of Belgium, I know we arrive in Zeebruges, but want to go to Brussels, how can i preorganise a taxi for the 5 of us, any ideas?

Other advice much appreciate too...

Thanks All - I think I am now getting excited about out trip, this will be our first cruise so i hope it is all its cracked up to be

Louise

Originally posted by Lou79, Shoreham-by-Sea View Post
    Dear All,

So far, I have decided to do Copenhagen independantly, I think we are going to go to the city centre, shopping area, look around, have some lunch and then go to Tivoli Gardens (where apparently we can also see the original replica of the Little Mermaid whilst the original has been hoisted off the Shanghai until later in the year). Can Copenhagen be done by foot from the cruise terminal?

Thanks All - I think I am now getting excited about out trip, this will be our first cruise so i hope it is all its cracked up to be

Louise
    Grand Princess is not huge so you'll probably be berthed alonside the nice, newish quay, Langelinie, but I may have got the name wrong. It is probably a 30 minute stroll into town down the waterfront. Copenhagen is a very clean safe city and I love it. Food and drink are quite expensive and alcohol extortionate, but if you choose where you eat (not in the financial area) you'll be OK. Magazine du Nord has a nice coffee shop on the top floor where you can get a snack.

Yes, it is all it's cracked up to be and you'll be hooked like the rest of us.

Judith

Comment

Copnhage is definitely do-able on your own and on foot. If you walk to the little mermaid - which is on its own very close to the harbour (10 minutes?) - and follow the shore line for a little way you can then turn inland to the square with the Royal palaces - amalienborg. Further on there is Nyhavn - the traditional port area. From here you can take a short canal/harbour boat ride with a commentary to see much more of copenhagen. This will take you to about lunchtime so that you can then decide whether to go to Stroget - the main shopping street - or to wander in different directions back towards the ship - there is a park around Rosenborg castle, and a picturesque fort is very close to the harbour. If you are using a buggy be prepared for cobbles!

Comment

We used the Hop on-Hop off bus in Oslo. Picked it up right beside the ship and cost 25 Euro. It takes you to all the major sights.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X