• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltic Cruise Currency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baltic Cruise Currency

Currency in the Baltic. Several countries accept US$ and Euro. Is it necessary to take Kroner for those countries whose currency is Kroner. Thank you

Yes it is, although larger businesses probably accept euros. Banks and ATMs are the easiest way but not necessarily the cheapest. Dollars or Euros are sometimes accepted in Russia, but it is actually illegal to spend them. Daft isn't it? We took a small amount of currency for sundries such as taxis, coffee etc. and used the credit card for larger purchases such as crystal in Gdynia. Judith

Comment

As per the Answers you got on the Q&A site ,use a card or pay in Euro's but you may get your change in Kroner....Taffy
      ​Taffy

Comment

I'd just take a best buy credit card and use that. Most places in Europe are more credit card friendly than even the UK, though I'm not sure about Russia.

If you have one of these credit cards you can typically withdraw from an ATM if you have a need for cash. Do it in small amounts so you don't end up with lots of useless currency when you come home!

The Halifax Clarity card is an easy option to suggest, though there are others. It's a no-brainer really.

If you have issues with credit, use something like the SuperCard from Travelex. I used this when it was in a beta period (limited-issue trial period) and it works very well - it simply re-charges whichever UK Visa/MC in GBP. The only downside now that it's out of beta is that ATM withdrawals are subject to a pretty horrendous 2.99% charge, so you definitely want to use it for purchases, NOT ATM withdrawals.
        Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

I was on a private tour in St Petersburg and was asked to pay in dollars. The souvenir shop would take dollars/euro/sterling.
          2018-
          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Alla on our St.P. tour paid for the stuff that would only accept local(like the toilet ladies).

We know we will be back some day or know someone that will go so just keep any change and moves around as people need it.

CC covered most things so dis not need a lot of local in the other places on the baltic runs.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X