• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bergen funicular advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
    Is there another way of getting to the top other than the funicular? I'm sure we went up there, but I thought I got a cable car. Then again, I might be confusing it with something else!

Whatever you decide, I hope the weather is good for you and you have a great day. It is nice there sometimes! ................................................Ca rol
    Hi Carol
    There is a cable car to the top of Mt Ulriken,,,,,the highest of the mountains that surround Bergen,,I'm not sure if Garfs land train takes you to the ticket office.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi Carol
      There is a cable car to the top of Mt Ulriken,,,,,the highest of the mountains that surround Bergen,,I'm not sure if Garfs land train takes you to the ticket office.
      JC
      I’ve not a hope in hells chance of getting my hubby in a cable car! The first and last time was Gibraltar in 1998 when we got married there. He hated every second of the journey

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Carol
        JC
        Yes, that's what we did, we sent a postcard from the top, but it never arrived Fantastic views though .................................................C arol

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has commented. I’ve got a clear idea of our plans now and alternatives x

Comment

The little land train is nice but it doesn't go to the top of the mountain. If you take the funicular up there are pleasant walks around the top - including a lake.
            We always buy a coffee in the cafe and it's cheaper than down in the town.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X