• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santorini to ban fatties on donkeys!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the weight 'limit' is 100 kg or 15 st 10 lbs. This is ridiculous! They might as well not bother. Who will monitor the weights? Will there be a scale at the bottom and top of the steps? I doubt it!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
      Apparently the weight 'limit' is 100 kg or 15 st 10 lbs. This is ridiculous! They might as well not bother. Who will monitor the weights? Will there be a scale at the bottom and top of the steps? I doubt it!
      You are absolutely right! It is ridiculous to think that this is an acceptable weight for a person riding a donkey. I’m 3 1/2 stone lighter and I wouldn’t dream of inflicting my weight on one of those poor animals. No doubt as others have said, my fellow Americans will want to experience this “quAint” form of transportation no matter how fat they are. Grrrrr!

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

I remember reading about the Italian habit of shooting migrating birds years and years ago. I didn’t realise it still went on. I only hope that the Donkey Sanctuary of Devon is able to effect some changes there.

Take care, Helen
        Helen, There's a programme on BBC2 on Sunday evening- Simon Reeves is looking at the other side of the Mediterranean, and in his trailer last week, he mentioned the migrating birds, so perhaps that will be on this Sunday's programme.
        Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X