• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jane fans on now, compilation C5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
    My uncle John was captured when Singapore surrendered.
    He never slept with the light off and had terrible nightmares.
    He also never took his shirt off in company due to his back being a mass of scars from the lashings they got from the guards for not working hard enough.
    The Japanese hated them for surrendering.
    The only thing he ever said was he was one of the lucky ones as somehow he survived.
    A big old softie who had no hatred for his captors.

At peace now.

Garf
    The horrors of war in Asia should never be forgotten. Your uncle was/is remarkable. I know some who even now who cannot forgive the cruelty meted out to their relations.
    The BBC has produced a lovely celebration for VJ75

Edit
    Correction, not lovely, magnificent.
    Last edited by Mrs M; 15th August 2020, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    My uncle John was captured when Singapore surrendered.
    He never slept with the light off and had terrible nightmares.
    He also never took his shirt off in company due to his back being a mass of scars from the lashings they got from the guards for not working hard enough.
    The Japanese hated them for surrendering.
    The only thing he ever said was he was one of the lucky ones as somehow he survived.
    A big old softie who had no hatred for his captors.

At peace now.

Garf
    Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 15th August 2020, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
    Guess what we’re watching in our house? Football! Man City v Lyon. I’m just so thrilled. Not. 😐

Take care and stay well. Helen
    Poor you.
    I guess having lived in Malaysia, I feel part of anything to do with the area. We often visited Singapore and the history of the area is 'part' of me.
    I was lucky enough to visit Changi thirty odd years ago and saw the museum, which is closed to the public now, in situ. We often visited Kranji Memorial, with visitors.

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Guess what we’re watching in our house? Football! Man City v Lyon. I’m just so thrilled. Not. 😐

Take care and stay well. Helen

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Live comedy at The Stand Glasgow for me..

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    VJ Day 75 for me.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X