• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Record Ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Record Ship

Anyone interested set you recorders now.

Wednesday 14th July on - Nat Geo channel 21.00 & 22.00 on +1

The Oasis Of The Seas has shattered all records and become the biggest cruise ship ever built.

This programme follows the amazing vessel's construction from design to detailed and often specatcular tests.
    The sheer scale of this ship is mind-blowing, it's like a small town, nay a city at sea.
    But to build the world's largest ship, designers and engineers are put to the ultimate test in ship building. With safety and environmental concerns a high priority, they must construct an entire city at sea and all without comprimising the environment or its passengers.

With models, mockups and prototypes they perform detailed and spectacular tests, they also put the ship through the ringers in arduous sea trials to prove the safety of what the designers are calling a near unsinkable ship.
    Last edited by Barrowman, Bedford; 9th July 2010, 09:03 PM.
    sigpic
    Cruisings Cool

Sounds interesting Dave, but it's too late for me I am just off to bed with a good book.
    sigpic

Comment

recorder set, HD too boot. thanks hubbie will love it. :D
      Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 8th July 2010, 11:08 PM.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Don't have NG so will not be able to see it, but thanks for the info for the rest of the forum browsers.
        EDNA

Comment

Originally posted by Barrowman, Bedford View Post
          [COLOR=black]...of what the designers are calling a near unsinkable ship.
          Now where have I heard that before?;)
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Great Spot Dave - recorders set!!!
            sigpic
            Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
            Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
            Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
            Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

Thank you David. OH has just set to record. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post
                Great Spot Dave - recorders set!!!
                ------------
                Nice to see your still around Grant, I've missed your cryptic anecdotes - are you
                busy at work or have you been out cruising in your rowing boat.
                sigpic
                Cruisings Cool

Comment

Anyone interested set you recorders now.

Wednesday 12th July on - Nat Geo channel 21.00 & 22.00 on +1

The Oasis Of The Seas has shattered all records and become the biggest cruise ship ever built.

This programme follows the amazing vessel's construction from design to detailed and often specatcular tests.
                  The sheer scale of this ship is mind-blowing, it's like a small town, nay a city at sea.
                  But to build the world's largest ship, designers and engineers are put to the ultimate test in ship building. With safety and environmental concerns a high priority, they must construct an entire city at sea and all without comprimising the environment or its passengers.

With models, mockups and prototypes they perform detailed and spectacular tests, they also put the ship through the ringers in arduous sea trials to prove the safety of what the designers are calling a near unsinkable ship.
                  Its actually the 14 of July

Comment

Originally posted by dollydee, Copthorne View Post
                    Its actually the 14 of July
                    Thanks Dollydee - suprised nobody else commented - Amended.
                    sigpic
                    Cruisings Cool

Comment

just saw Wed not the date........well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :D:D
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                        just saw Wed not the date........well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :D:D
                        What am I like Issy - cannot even get the date right. What chance have I got with anything else.
                        sigpic
                        Cruisings Cool

Comment

Looks good - recorder set, thanks for the tip

Comment

Thanks for the tip off. Will have to set the recorder for this programme!

Comment

Thanks Dave - we are looking forward to that programme as we were on the inaugural voyage out of Fort Lauderdale last year. It is the most fantastic ship - but we were particularly spoiled as it was only two thirds full and the majority of passengers were adults. It might be a different scenario if full to capacity. Has anyone been on the ship when it was filled with families?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X