• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cruise, Another new series this time it's Alaska

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    Sapphire is closest to the Star in layout.

Most princess ships have a very similar feel/layout

Timothy has facebook and twitter if you are a fan.
    I tuned in expecting Star to be similar to Sea Princess/ Oceana...wasn't it the old Star which had the fire?
    I think that this Star is one of the early Grand Class ships, because it still has the shopping trolley handle, like Caribbean Princess and Grand, although Grand's handle was removed. They're not as tall as the "Jewel" ones, are they, or Azura/Ventura? ... but all are similar inside, and I believe that the cabins are still identical on the Royal class, Britannia etc.
    Jo.

Comment

overview

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...es#Grand_class

With the Royal they messed with the balconies and took out the big cabins, the forward adult only pool/bar b of behind the sanctuary is quite nice.

Comment

this is 1.5 hrs split over 3 episodes.

In the second episode(Thu 08 Mar 2018),
        Captain Tuvo and his crew are navigating Star Princess to a World Heritage site, Glacier Bay National Park. To be allowed to enter this pristine and stunning wilderness they must be accompanied by rangers, who help passengers appreciate and understand the wilderness and its wildlife.

But first, the rangers have to board the ship. Unable to stop to pick them up, their pilot boat has to come alongside Star Princess while she’s moving. And in poor weather and rough sea, it’s not just scratching his paintwork that the captain’s worried about, because Glacier Bay boasts some of the most impressive glaciers in the world and Captain Tuvo is determined to give his passengers the best possible view of them by getting as close as possible.

Hotel general manager Pieter is up against the clock arranging an engagement ceremony for a couple he’s struggling to track down among the thousands of guests on board. The captain only has a one hour window to officiate and to make matters worse, they’re in a noise-restricted zone of the National Park so Pieter can’t make an announcement on the ship’s tannoy. If he can’t find them soon, all their plans will be ruined.

In the Princess Theatre, cruise director Steve is entertaining the audience before the evening’s big show. A much-loved, larger-than-life character on board – he can also be found hosting an ‘audience with the captain’ for the passengers, and joining Captain Tuvo to photobomb passengers’ photographs on the ship’s formal night. But Steve’s due to go on leave and hand the job over to someone else - a nervous JC. While Steve is on leave, JC must also fill his shoes as cruise director – a tall order when they’re size 19s

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
          Thanks for this TD.

Alaska is one of my favourite destinations so will put this on to record.

I know Timothy is a Marmite personality, but I think he's a scream. Comes across as very entertaining. We had a wonderful Ents. crew member on QE last summer [Carol Guy will back me up on this as she was on the same cruise] called Laura and she had a similar personality and had a most distinctive way of speaking. She was also very efficient.
          She had us in stitches all the time. She must have been well received by others as she'd previously won QE staff member of the month.

Looking forward to re-visiting Alaska via the television and looking to see how HAL [our Alaska cruises have been with them] differs from Princess.
          I love Timothy too mrs m. Full of fun but I think he needs to learn a wee bit more about the excursions he’s trying to sell.

Never been to Alaska, hubby would love too, but it looks stunning. Looking forward to the follow up programmes.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
            I love Timothy too mrs m. Full of fun but I think he needs to learn a wee bit more about the excursions he’s trying to sell.

Never been to Alaska, hubby would love too, but it looks stunning. Looking forward to the follow up programmes.
            This seems to be a major feature of the show, which Shorex will T go on to learn...
            There were a lot on the last series, there was one in ep 1 of this one and there will be one(helicopter to a glacier walk) in ep 3 , not sure about ep 2.

Comment

What bothers me about this, and previous series is that Timothy the Twerp is set to invade our screen on every tat TV reality programme mentionable.

I'll put money on that..............Wilba
              Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                This seems to be a major feature of the show, which Shorex will T go on to learn...
                There were a lot on the last series, there was one in ep 1 of this one and there will be one(helicopter to a glacier walk) in ep 3 , not sure about ep 2.
                TD, I know you are brilliant at giving us information but please don't spoil this series by giving spoilers out on forthcoming episodes.

I know you can say, well don't read, but it's difficult on a thread such as this. I don't want to know what's going to happen.I will see it for myself.
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                  What bothers me about this, and previous series is that Timothy the Twerp is set to invade our screen on every tat TV reality programme mentionable.

I'll put money on that..............Wilba
                  Oh I think yourbet might be safe there Wilba.

He seems a shoe in for some sort of reality show. I have no idea which one as I don't watch celebrity in the jungle on love island, with a big brother and a load of pop idols...

He is a twerp, but he's a sunny twerp and he brightens up the Princess series for me. I'm just glad I don't have to work with him.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X