• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IT'S BACK... #TheCruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never cruised with Princess but these programmes do give an insight in to what the line is like, passenger profile etc.

Let's not forget that without programmes like this we wouldn't have Saint Jane of Wakefield :sofa:

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
      I will definitely be watching it as a piece of entertainment.

I often think if I had never been cruising these types of programmes would probably put me off! ..Carol
      If not watching it 'live', I'll watch it on catch up. Light entertainment. OK, maybe very light but that's no bad thing at times.

Comment

We watched it last night and found it entertaining and despite all the cruising we have done we actually learned something. ....Neil

Comment

It showed how they do not take cancelling a port as an easy option. All those refunds to process, disgruntled passengers and a logistic nightmare for the galley and entertainment staff.

We had Bruge cancelled at New Year which was a disappointment and caused a few grumbles from fellow passengers.

It didn't look that rough last night but the Captain knows what he is doing and obviously was not going to take any risks...Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
            It showed how they do not take cancelling a port as an easy option. All those refunds to process, disgruntled passengers and a logistic nightmare for the galley and entertainment staff.

We had Bruge cancelled at New Year which was a disappointment and caused a few grumbles from fellow passengers.

It didn't look that rough last night but the Captain knows what he is doing and obviously was not going to take any risks...Carol
            I agree and despite the earlier comments about the head chef not knowing what to do that crisis for him was immense and with only a few hours to reconstruct the lunch time mis en place and the main courses would certainly concern even the most practiced and that with extra activities, many of which would be put on to help with the loss of excursion payments, would make for an interesting time.

We the cruising public know very little about what goes on "below decks", although some think they do. It is easy to come out with bland remarks but having run catering establishments I know some of the trials and tribulations which can, let's say, disrupt the general running but 4,000 sudden meal changes? It was interesting.....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
              We watched it last night and found it entertaining and despite all the cruising we have done we actually learned something. ....Neil
              Recognised a few of the ship personnel. Pity we did not have that executive chef on my cruise.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                I agree and despite the earlier comments about the head chef not knowing what to do that crisis for him was immense and with only a few hours to reconstruct the lunch time mis en place and the main courses would certainly concern even the most practiced and that with extra activities, many of which would be put on to help with the loss of excursion payments, would make for an interesting time.

We the cruising public know very little about what goes on "below decks", although some think they do. It is easy to come out with bland remarks but having run catering establishments I know some of the trials and tribulations which can, let's say, disrupt the general running but 4,000 sudden meal changes? It was interesting.....Neil

I think that the master may have been a little cautious, but may be it was that the company had put a restriction on the hiring of tugs so as to save money.
                On my last med trip on the Azura the weather at Gib was atrocious with high seas inside the breakwater, but the master requested the port authority to put extra large fenders alongside the quay and then he ordered to tugs to assist the berthing.

Once alongside we were only allowed ashore from 1 gangway in small groups as was the return on board. The gangway was bouncing up and down and the ships staff were on hand to help everyone back up the gangway,.

Yes full marks to the chef and all his staff for ensuring that the guests were well fed, and to the entrainment officer for keeping all the passengers happy,

Comment

We enjoyed the programme, but the editing was poor- one day they were sailing out of Piraeus, and the main worry was the weather in Marseille...now that's a lot of sea days!
                  Listening to a tour guide, they seemed to be stopping at Civi and Genoa, then Marseille, but the programme was hazy about that.
                  There will be people watching who are now convinced that France is just a whisker away from Greece.
                  Jo.

Comment

I’m the saddo here. I enjoy it, tacky and butlins, but I still enjoy it.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X