• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reality TV goes cruising - starting this Sunday!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    started a topic Reality TV goes cruising - starting this Sunday!

Reality TV goes cruising - starting this Sunday!

This captivating six-part series due to start on the National Geographic Channel, features the Costa Serena, one of Europe's largest cruise ships.

Longer than London Bridge and with entertainment areas covering more space than 20 football pitches, her 1,000-strong crew are pushed to the max keeping some 3,800 passengers in check.

Follow all the action at sea as Italian Captain Russo and his crew cope with the onslaught of bad weather, demanding guests, wacky entertainers and medical emergencies.

Expect tango, tempers, brawls and birthdays - this is the inside story of cruise ship life.

EPISODE GUIDE
    Cruise Ship Diaries: Honeymoon SeasonCruise Ship Diaries: Inspectors On Board Cruise Ship Diaries: Magic And Mayhem
    After leaving Venice, drama awaits the crew of the Costa Serena as a new magic show and a sudden death on board disrupt their plans.
    Showing: Sunday 21 February at 7:00PM
    Repeats: Monday 22 February at 2:00PM
    & Friday 26 February at 8:00PM

Cruise Ship Diaries: Rock Concert
    The entertainment team are forced to work double shifts as the crew face up to the added stress of having a famous rock band on board.
    Showing: Sunday 28 February at 7:00PM
    Repeats: Friday 5 March at 8:00PM &
    Saturday 6 March at 1:00AM

Cruise Ship Diaries: Dirty Dancing
    As the ship leaves Venice, Captain Russo and his team are tested by their demanding guests and an eccentric onboard entertainer.
    Next Showing: Sunday 7 March at 7:00PM
    Repeats: Saturday 27 March at 12:00PM

Cruise Ship Diaries: The Final Countdown
    Follow the trials and tribulations on board the Costa Serena, one of the biggest cruise ships on the ocean.
    Next Showing: Sunday 14 March at 7:00PM
    Repeats: Saturday 27 March at 1:00PM

For more information & photos go to: http://natgeotv.com/uk/cruise-ship-diaries

Do you think you'll be tuning in?

• sue, derby/stafford
    replied
    Originally posted by A Vast Behind, THATCHAM-SUR-MER View Post
    Worst trannys i have ever seen !!!
    also the worst cruise comp i have ever been on. in the baggage hall savana my daughter was rammed by a italian with his trolly. it was so hard she was thrown in the air, 2 days later she miscarried her baby, costas response, nothing not a word zilch. also we was both full of bumps and bruises from all the pushing and shoving when on board. i feel so strong that i will not even now go to italy let alone cruise with italians, and costa dont give a dam so long as you spend spend and spend again.
    the person who said about the many languges is dead right, it drove us mad. because by the time it got to english the speaker was out of breath and exausted, and if it was a joke it had lost its humer by then, i know i cant spell lol.
    take so very well intended advice and dont cruise with them :D

Leave a comment:

• Bigsis, Waterlooville
    replied
    Hoorah, sunday again which means another episode

Leave a comment:

• A Vast Behind, THATCHAM-SUR-MER
    replied
    Originally posted by ger, scotland View Post
    I thought it focussed too much on the dancers. I would have preferred to have seen more of what took place on the bridge etc.Was fascinated to see the ship being controlled by what looked like a joystick!!
    We saw the secrets of "The Best Capitanor" on Sunday, and his secret is out !!!!!!!!!!! He had a thumping great tug to guide him.

Leave a comment:

• A Vast Behind, THATCHAM-SUR-MER
    replied
    Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post
    I agree you watch this series and sooo wanna be back on a sunny cruise! However, if I ever board cruise ship and see that entertainments manager (with the black glasses and thinking himself to be crazy) then I'll run a mile. The whole "Grandad in a womans frock pole dancing' was the most horrid of his 'entertainment' ideas.
    Worst trannys i have ever seen !!!

Leave a comment:

• Grant, West Sussex
    replied
    I agree you watch this series and sooo wanna be back on a sunny cruise! However, if I ever board cruise ship and see that entertainments manager (with the black glasses and thinking himself to be crazy) then I'll run a mile. The whole "Grandad in a womans frock pole dancing' was the most horrid of his 'entertainment' ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Sophiesnores, Basingstoke
    replied
    I'm enjoying the series so far, a nice insight

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post
    It's still on my planner as was out a dining on valentines night....anyone see it yet?
    yes watched it on Sunday. enjoyed it as Bigsis said I want to cruise NOW. :D as I cann't then this will have to do for now

Leave a comment:

• sue, derby/stafford
    replied
    no way costa are at the top of my list of I wont cruise again with them.

Leave a comment:

• Bigsis, Waterlooville
    replied
    We sky+'d it and watched later in the evening ...made us wanna go NOW
    The show featured some of the Fillipino waitering staff putting a show after service which they are always fab at...we'll never forget being seranaded on our anniversary or for my birthday....
    Really enjoying the series but convinced me I never want to go on such a massive cruise ship even though it looks spectacular

Leave a comment:

• Grant, West Sussex
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke View Post
    enjoyed the 1st in the series last week, settling down to watch tonights' (recorded) offering
    It's still on my planner as was out a dining on valentines night....anyone see it yet?

Leave a comment:

• Sophiesnores, Basingstoke
    replied
    enjoyed the 1st in the series last week, settling down to watch tonights' (recorded) offering

Leave a comment:

• morris, st. columb
    replied
    I was looking forward to the announcements in 5 languages!![/QUOTE]

I noticed that they only did the announcements in English!!!but I can assure you that when we cruised on Serena they did every announcement in five languages, getting faster and quieter as they went.... and as English was the last one it was inaudible!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    it was nice to see inside the Serena again. looking foward to the rest of the series.
    too much time was spent with the dancers and that pain of a choreographer.............some of the dancers too fat, well I wish I was only that fat!
    the ship is kept spotless and the staff all look immaculate in their uniforms.

Leave a comment:

• VinnyTurner, Dukinfield
    replied
    I enjoyed the programme. It was easy viewing. I was interested to see how the staff live. Looked quite cramped to me. No wonder they work long hours. I thought it was a bit staged but you cannot blame them for that. Looked quite different to the reviews I have read though. I was looking forward to the announcements in 5 languages!!

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X