• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reality TV goes cruising - starting this Sunday!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it focussed too much on the dancers. I would have preferred to have seen more of what took place on the bridge etc.Was fascinated to see the ship being controlled by what looked like a joystick!!

Comment

I think it's horses for courses. There are plenty of documentaries on major cruise ships and how they were built , controlled, propelled etc. They are normally on one of the Discovery channels. This was more of a hybrid of fly on the wall docu- soap with sprinkling if technical. Let's hope we get some more, and surely there must be one being done on Oasis of the Seas, given the amount of pre launch hype?
      sigpic
      Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
      Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
      Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
      Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

I think the joystick stuff was a bit "smoke and mirrors" to be fair, All modern ships rely on the dreaded computer to to do navigation and such matters, and all the captains do is step in when they fail. I was told that you don't really need a captain and the magic box would do the trick. I have also been on the bridge of some cross channel ferries and seen such technology at work, it's very impressive.

Comment

nice to see around the costa serena, but otherwise a bit boring ; needs a good narrator to wake it up a bit like the chap from "come dine with me"

Comment

Originally posted by liauq, w mids View Post
            nice to see around the costa serena, but otherwise a bit boring ; needs a good narrator to wake it up a bit like the chap from "come dine with me"
            I like this idea !!!

Comment

I enjoyed the programme. It was easy viewing. I was interested to see how the staff live. Looked quite cramped to me. No wonder they work long hours. I thought it was a bit staged but you cannot blame them for that. Looked quite different to the reviews I have read though. I was looking forward to the announcements in 5 languages!!
              sigpic

Comment

it was nice to see inside the Serena again. looking foward to the rest of the series.
                too much time was spent with the dancers and that pain of a choreographer.............some of the dancers too fat, well I wish I was only that fat!
                the ship is kept spotless and the staff all look immaculate in their uniforms.
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I was looking forward to the announcements in 5 languages!![/QUOTE]

I noticed that they only did the announcements in English!!!but I can assure you that when we cruised on Serena they did every announcement in five languages, getting faster and quieter as they went.... and as English was the last one it was inaudible!!!!

Comment

enjoyed the 1st in the series last week, settling down to watch tonights' (recorded) offering
                    Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Originally posted by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke View Post
                      enjoyed the 1st in the series last week, settling down to watch tonights' (recorded) offering
                      It's still on my planner as was out a dining on valentines night....anyone see it yet?
                      sigpic
                      Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway

Comment

We sky+'d it and watched later in the evening ...made us wanna go NOW
                        The show featured some of the Fillipino waitering staff putting a show after service which they are always fab at...we'll never forget being seranaded on our anniversary or for my birthday....
                        Really enjoying the series but convinced me I never want to go on such a massive cruise ship even though it looks spectacular
                        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

no way costa are at the top of my list of I wont cruise again with them.

Comment

Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post
                            It's still on my planner as was out a dining on valentines night....anyone see it yet?
                            yes watched it on Sunday. enjoyed it as Bigsis said I want to cruise NOW. :D as I cann't then this will have to do for now
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I'm enjoying the series so far, a nice insight
                              Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

I agree you watch this series and sooo wanna be back on a sunny cruise! However, if I ever board cruise ship and see that entertainments manager (with the black glasses and thinking himself to be crazy) then I'll run a mile. The whole "Grandad in a womans frock pole dancing' was the most horrid of his 'entertainment' ideas.
                                sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X