• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An upgrade question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An upgrade question

I am booked on a cruise (PandO)which offered a free cabin upgrade (i.e. outside to balcony NOT upgrade from one balcony cabin to another balcony cabin in a better location). Please can someone explain to me how this process works when there are only 2 outside cabin grades and 6 balcony cabin grades. I can't get an answer from PandO.

Simple you will be allocated the lowest grade of balcony cabin But the Upgrade Fairy could appear & a upgrade could be on the cards.
    ]

Comment

I booked a balcony cabin and was subsequently told that I had been upgraded from an outside cabin but still don't understand why there were 6 different balcony cabin grades (all priced differently) but if the upgrade from outside had already been applied how does that work when there are less outside cabin grades.

Comment

Originally posted by karenm, karenm View Post
        I booked a balcony cabin and was subsequently told that I had been upgraded from an outside cabin but still don't understand why there were 6 different balcony cabin grades (all priced differently) but if the upgrade from outside had already been applied how does that work when there are less outside cabin grades.
        Was there a offer on like pay for a outside but get a Balcony??All balcony cabins apart from the suits are the same its only the location that decides what grade they are.
        ]

Comment

Yes sort of. The balcony prices they were advertising supposedly included an upgrade from outside. But if there are only 2 outside cabin grades (probably depending on location) how can there be 6 different balcony prices i.e. where did the other 4 prices come from as they can't have been upgrades from outside to balcony.

Comment

We have only ever cruised with P & O once and that was on the Arcadia back in 2006 and we had an upgrade from an inside cabin to an outside cabin but with a lifeboat obliterating any view, so we went from an inside cabin with no view to an outside cabin with no view. Mind you we found it quite alarming one morning when we woke up to find the lifeboat gone. (It was being used for tendering) . Our very first cruise T/A on The Brillance the year before did not have any ports that required tendering so you can imagine our confusion. The upgrade didn't change our opinion of the cruise which we didn't enjoy at all, so this was the one and only cruise we ever did with
            P & O. JT

Comment

As i have already written all cabins are graded according to what deck they are on, Those that have booked a balcony cabin & paid the price of a balcony cabin will have the grade that they have chosen, You have paid for a outside & you have a balcony so they will allocate the lowest grade balcony to you.
              ]

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X