• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE 'ONE' TO WATCH: Ryanair row with BBC erupts over Panorama investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    THE 'ONE' TO WATCH: Ryanair row with BBC erupts over Panorama investigation


    #2

    Comment


      #3
      Just as we thought

      Having now watched the Panorama programme it turned out Mr O'Leary was as tricky as he was expected to be. There are no flies on this man; you can't even see where they've been.

      That man is so tyrannical, made worse because his facade reads smiles and affability. You can see how he has managed to run his Kingdom so effectively but I wonder how many of us could even contemplate living with that kind of despotic attitude, I certainly do not believe that he is one to be admired....Neil

      Comment


        #4
        0 - 0

        Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
        Having now watched the Panorama programme it turned out Mr O'Leary was as tricky as he was expected to be. There are no flies on this man; you can't even see where they've been.

        That man is so tyrannical, made worse because his facade reads smiles and affability. You can see how he has managed to run his Kingdom so effectively but I wonder how many of us could even contemplate living with that kind of despotic attitude, I certainly do not believe that he is one to be admired....Neil
        I watched this Panorama as well. I'm no lover of either Ryanair (surely no Grills passengers would contemplate them (says he with tongue in cheek)) or the BBC. Indeed, the programme was a sad reflection on the increasingly poor journalism now produced by what was once the BBC's flagship of current affairs.
        Hang on Neil, whats this to do with cruising?

        Comment


          #5
          Ryanair/cruising

          Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
          Hang on Neil, whats this to do with cruising?
          Unfortunately there are cruise passengers who take the risk of using Ryanair to get to their cruise. Neither you or I would consider it but the magnetism of "cheap" flights irrespective of the risk is daunting. Regards. ....Neil

          Comment


            #6
            Imagine

            Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
            Unfortunately there are cruise passengers who take the risk of using Ryanair to get to their cruise. Neither you or I would consider it but the magnetism of "cheap" flights irrespective of the risk is daunting. Regards. ....Neil

            Comment


              #7
              If you want to fly but don't want to use Ryanair, use a competitor airline and don't give Ryanair a penny.
              If you want to watch the telly but dont want to watch BBC, watch a competitor AND STILL PAY THE BBC.
              Do you think Jonathan Ross would trouser 18 million if Michael O'Leary was Director General?

              Comment


                #8
                missed the programme butI am a HUGE fan of Micheal O leary never ever haad a problem with Ryan air and I use them all the time ,if no Ryan Air living in Spain would be a lot more expensive for me

                Comment


                  #9
                  I love Ryanair and Jet 2 and use both several times a year for little trips to the land of my ancestors.

                  Following a very heavy landing at Leeds Bradford last year when the Ryanair pilot dumped the plane on the tarmac so hard it was like falling out of the sky, I had severe pain up the sides of my face the next day which was a real problem as I've had neck pain for years which physio and acupuncture hasn't really helped.

                  The day after that it was magic. My neck was cured! Months later it's still fantastic most of the time. So you don't even need to have the holiday to feel the benefits of travelling with Ryanair.
                  Liz

                  Comment


                    #10

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Schhhhhh

                      Originally posted by Liz, Harrogate View Post
                      I love Ryanair and Jet 2 and use both several times a year for little trips to the land of my ancestors.

                      Following a very heavy landing at Leeds Bradford last year when the Ryanair pilot dumped the plane on the tarmac so hard it was like falling out of the sky, I had severe pain up the sides of my face the next day which was a real problem as I've had neck pain for years which physio and acupuncture hasn't really helped.

                      The day after that it was magic. My neck was cured! Months later it's still fantastic most of the time. So you don't even need to have the holiday to feel the benefits of travelling with Ryanair.
                      Liz
                      Don't say that too loud, Liz, because if O'Leary finds out he'll charge you for medicinal care. .....Neil

                      Comment


                        #12
                        In general I don't have a problem with ryanair- the destinations suit me and it's pretty good on time- keeping. I don't have a problem paying all the add-ons provided I've been able to pick up a really cheap flight. However, if you make a late booking and have to stump up full fare PLUS all the add-ons then it seems a bit cheeky. Have to say I like Mr.O'Leary's style - he's a take it or leave it man after all,as he says, no-one is obliged to fly his airline.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I also use ryanair lots because my son lives in Kerry (Eire) and my friends live in Colraine which is in N/I , as long as you stick to the rules and regs it is fine :D

                          mrs.m
                          life is great :D

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I have never had the opportunity to fly with Ryanair, and do not know much about their booking system, but once booked and after all he additions and the extras etc, is it still better value than British Airways and the rest? If so it's not bad value, threre is nowt like competition and a tenner saved to your pocket is better than in the big boys bank.
                            O'h not sure now, as B.A. might need O'Leary to lend e'm a bob or two.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I made a decision a long time ago that if the only way to get somewhere was with Ryanair. I would stay on the ground.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X