• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Cruise Inc" on Skt tv.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cruise Inc" on Skt tv.

I've already posted this on the wrong forum!
    The US programme "Cruise Inc" is showing on Sky TV tomorrow morning at 2.30 am. It's Channel 505 CNBC news-Jo.
    Jo.

Thanks Jo, I don't have Sky so is there anywhere to watch it on the internet? Liz

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on Cruise Inc, I enjoyed watching but no real surprises for myself. I'll have a search for Liz on the internet later, no time now, but thanks again.
      Wilba

Comment

It was very interesting seeing 'behind the scenes' ...I noticed the Steward saying he 'makes 2,500 dollars a month' but they didn't say whether it was just wages or including tips/gratuities/service charges or whether that was before board and lodging etc.etc. so I was none the wiser on that subject!!

Comment

Originally posted by morris, st. columb View Post
          It was very interesting seeing 'behind the scenes' ...I noticed the Steward saying he 'makes 2,500 dollars a month' but they didn't say whether it was just wages or including tips/gratuities/service charges or whether that was before board and lodging etc.etc. so I was none the wiser on that subject!!
          We had one last year who said $3,000 per month but the basic was around $800/900 per month and the rest were his tips but then free accommodation; meals; cheap drink; laundry etc is the common place on the good cruise lines. Although he hated being away from the family he could send money home every month as his needs were few and far between, but with most contracts around 9 months even with a mobile phone and access to a computer it must be a difficult life, one I hasten to add I would never even thought of.
          Bill Byth
          sigpic
          Website

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Blyth, Dundee View Post
            We had one last year who said $3,000 per month but the basic was around $800/900 per month and the rest were his tips but then free accommodation; meals; cheap drink; laundry etc is the common place on the good cruise lines. Although he hated being away from the family he could send money home every month as his needs were few and far between, but with most contracts around 9 months even with a mobile phone and access to a computer it must be a difficult life, one I hasten to add I would never even thought of.
            We have a friend from an E. European country who has adopted her sister's baby, so that the lass can go to work on a Greek Isand each season. I don't think her accommodation's up to much, and I'm sure the tips will be less. My own sister and famly emigrated to Australia, many, many years ago, and never had the money to return, which broke my parents hearts.It's a sadness the world over, and I only hope we'll continue to appreciate the crews who work so hard for us.-Jo.
            Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X