• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apprentice E1 cruise branding.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apprentice E1 cruise branding.

If Appreciate is on form should be a disaster.

9pm 6th Jan 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0071b63

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001352s

We saw the clip on The One Show. It seemed to me that they’ve rounded up the usual bunch of wallys with egos bigger than their brains which means we won’t be watching it again this season. As far as we’re concerned that particular ship has sailed into the sunset. 😉

Take care. Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
      If Appreciate is on form should be a disaster.

9pm 6th Jan 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0071b63

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001352s
      Missed this last year! Love that they all think they are fantastic salesmen, business owners, organisers! I will be watching and squirming!

Comment

I’ll be tuning in, always good for a laugh. No doubt there’s a few charmers / chancers amongst them. From the pics and profiles, I’ve more or less picked them out. Interesting that many of the previous winners, including TIm Campbell, have failed businesses behind them. Can’t believe it’s 17 years since Tim Campbell won.

Comment

Other half hates this programme, but he has darts tonight so I'll be able to watch it in peace .............................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
            Other half hates this programme, but he has darts tonight so I'll be able to watch it in peace .............................................Carol
            10 minutes in and I am already laughing.

Comment

I’ve just watched the opening scenes and I may have changed my mind about watching this series 🤦*♂️

Comment

Well I liked the look of the Virgin ship. ........................................Carol

Comment

I watched it only because it was about the ship. I have never seen the programme before. Not really sure what the point of it is. The contestants seemed full of themselves and fairly clueless about cruising. I don't know what the outcome was as I fell asleep!
                  we did have a fabulous cruise on Scarlet Lady in the summer though. Thankfully didn't meet any sailors like those on the programme lol

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                    I watched it only because it was about the ship. I have never seen the programme before. Not really sure what the point of it is. The contestants seemed full of themselves and fairly clueless about cruising. I don't know what the outcome was as I fell asleep!
                    we did have a fabulous cruise on Scarlet Lady in the summer though. Thankfully didn't meet any sailors like those on the programme lol
                    They are set different tasks to do every week, they have 2 teams, and someone out of the losing team gets fired. At the end the last one gets an investment of £250,000 from Lord Sugar into their business. Although they come across as a ditzy bunch with no common sense, they already have pretty successful businesses. As the programme progresses you can't help but get your favourites
                    .................................................. ..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                      We saw the clip on The One Show. It seemed to me that they’ve rounded up the usual bunch of wallys with egos bigger than their brains which means we won’t be watching it again this season. As far as we’re concerned that particular ship has sailed into the sunset. 😉

Take care. Helen
                      Many years ago!

Comment

Well I liked the look of the Virgin ship. ........................................Carol
                        I was on Scarlet Lady in the summer. I haven't watched the programme but the description described it as a luxury ship - that's a misnomer!
                        2018-
                        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                          (not watched yet we use this as a filler program from catchup or record)

The amusing thing is the format is the same every year and the new contestants look like they have never seen a show before.

You definitely get the trust issue driving some of the interactions because a good few backstabbers to watch out for.

Although each episode can standalone on the task it is a good idea to watch in sequence as it is also about the characters.

Comment

They are set different tasks to do every week, they have 2 teams, and someone out of the losing team gets fired. At the end the last one gets an investment of £250,000 from Lord Sugar into their business. Although they come across as a ditzy bunch with no common sense, they already have pretty successful businesses. As the programme progresses you can't help but get your favourites
                            .................................................. ..Carol
                            Thanks for the explanation Carol.

Comment

Lord sugars boat.
                              https://www.boatinternational.com/ya...ady-a-for-sale

​​​​​

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X