• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jane McDonald's Latest Series.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
    We love the Jane series. You only really get glimpses of the ship and destinations but it is an entertaining show and a ship fix. I'd like to see her do some Uk based ones other than the Hebrides one she did.
    Us to Philhar .
    It's light entertainment ,nothing else, Holiday programs cover destination far better, and Mighty ships gives you a better insight into how ship work ?.
    Overall a nice program ,which we both enjoy....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

We’ve watched all the episodes in every series loved them all. Some great ports some not so.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

When this forum stared we used to get some wonderful feed back and reviews from all parts of the globe, it makes me sad that those or most of the early forum members no longer [I miss Maggie's reviews and many others reviews who no longer post from far and wide and from most continents.

Why doesn't cruising far and wide appeal to some of you? or is it to far out of some of your comfort zones? just asking .CG
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
          When this forum stared we used to get some wonderful feed back and reviews from all parts of the globe, it makes me sad that those or most of the early forum members no longer [I miss Maggie's reviews and many others reviews who no longer post from far and wide and from most continents.

Why doesn't cruising far and wide appeal to some of you? or is it to far out of some of your comfort zones? just asking .CG
          Good question CG. I love long haul, but get bored on any cruise ship after a couple of weeks, much preferring to visit a country, spend time there and then maybe finishing off with a weeks cruise.

Cruising thousands of miles to places such as Australia, the Pacific, Hawaii, etc to spend less than a day at each destination is a waste of time for me.

After over 100 cruises I still enjoy the experience, but give me three one week cruises over one three week cruise every time..........Wilba

p.s. My next cruise is long haul with stays at each end.
          Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
            Good question CG. I love long haul, but get bored on any cruise ship after a couple of weeks, much preferring to visit a country, spend time there and then maybe finishing off with a weeks cruise.

Cruising thousands of miles to places such as Australia, the Pacific, Hawaii, etc to spend less than a day at each destination is a waste of time for me.

After over 100 cruises I still enjoy the experience, but give me three one week cruises over one three week cruise every time..........Wilba

p.s. My next cruise is long haul with stays at each end.
            Great news Wilba I will be looking forward to your reviews, we can't cruise anywhere but around the British Isles [not even that at the moment].

I am so glad I did what I did, when I did, I really am almost a landlubber now do it while you can folks.CG
            sigpic

Comment

Simple for us CG ,we do not wish to fly or spend that much time at sea...Taffy
              ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
                I agree with you Wilba wouldn't dash out there to book a cruise for South America after watching the programme. Sydney to L.A. and Sydney to Bangkok are far better options.
                I agree the SA episodes has made me reconsider a SA cruise. All that way and not going round Cape Horn??

Her river cruise trip on the Rhone made me reconsider that potential river cruise too.

I prefer intercontinental cruises combined with a land trip.

I wonder what Silverseas made of the episodes.

Annie

Comment

Channel 5 are tonight showing the Rhone Cruise and the Cuba episode before Jane and Friends

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                    Thanks for the correction Judith, it's an age thing..............Wilba
                    There may well be a Seabourn Muse in. Couple of years. The company has signed letters of intent for two new expedition ships.

South America doesn't appeal to me. We are sailing LA to Auckland in October. All new to me and I'm so excited!

Comment

I wrote a long review of our cruise from Rio to Cape Town in January and found that the review section would not accept it. It does rather discourage one from trying again. We still go to some interesting places, perhaps I'll try again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                        Channel 5 are tonight showing the Rhone Cruise and the Cuba episode before Jane and Friends
                        Alas the cruise company which Jane used for her Cuba trip have withdrawn that itinerary.

Annie

Comment

Cruising far and wide does appeal, but work commitments won’t allow a longish cruise unfortunately.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X