• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Merton on Allure of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....and walking in an out of his cabin (which he did manage to call a "stateroom" once, so he'd picked up the US jargon!) clutching a vast cocktail, which he palmed off on to two little children. I enjoyed seeing the ship, but wasn't impressed by his journeys ashore. Were there only 3 ports?
    Jo.

Comment

Saw a little bit of it when they docked in Haiti, I may have missed something, but did all the passengers stay in a gated area away from the rest of the island?

Comment

It seems so, Andyn - apparently the Labadee resort area is fenced off from the rest of the locals ..

Labadie travel guide - Wikitravel

Cheers,
        Lynn

Comment

Thanks Lynn,

'Royal Caribbean International has contributed the largest proportion of tourist revenue to Haiti since 1986'. Not sure how, as only certain stallholders are allowed in and everything else belongs to RCI. Unless there is no other tourist income on the island.

Comment

Maybe they're thinking of the mooring fees, Andyn? I guess it's not what most of consider "tourist revenue" exactly, but if that's all they're getting ... ??

Cheers,
            Lynn

Comment

Just having a browse

Haiti travel guide - Wikitravel

It seems if anywhere needs the money from tourism its Haiti, does say that it is picking up since the earthquake, I think the Paul Merton visit was just after, so could be possible now to visit the island properly.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X