• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Merton on Allure of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Merton on Allure of the Seas

Channel 5 tonight at 8pm, might be worth a look..Carol

Thanks Carol I just hit record to watch the ship x

Comment

You are welcome, but watching it I see it is a repeat..Carol

Comment

My twenty year old daughter is so dim sometimes here are just some of her comments whilst watching this;

Well that won't sink will it? If it's that long the sea isn't THAT deep!

Omg tigers on a cruise ship!

I enjoyed that. Much better portrayal than the princess documentary. Though I was shocked the water was served on the captain's table out of a plastic Evian bottle.

Still unsure of we'd like allure/oasis or not and we are R.C.I fans

Comment

I though that Merton just took the mickey out of the ship and the passengers - not clever!

The likes of Wicker and Palin would have done a more respectful job!
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
            Still unsure of we'd like allure/oasis or not and we are R.C.I fans
            Pity, you are missing out on their most impressive ship!

(See my Oasis review on my blog Malcolm Oliver's CruiseBlog)

Comment

Having just returned from a back to back on Oasis I must agree with Malcolm.
              Fantastic ship with super facilities and shows..we thoroughly enjoyed our time on board.
              Regards
              Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                Pity, you are missing out on their most impressive ship!

(See my Oasis review on my blog Malcolm Oliver's CruiseBlog)

I've read it a few times Malcolm and I enjoyed the t.a review which was posted recently. I'm sure we would enjoy it she's just huge! As for Paul Merton he annoyed me as soon as he referred to her as a boat, I just ignored him and focused on the ship.
                Interestingly I did a price comparison last night same date duration itinerary and cabin type on allure and epic. Allure was £700 more expensive which I thought was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
                  Interestingly I did a price comparison last night same date duration itinerary and cabin type on allure and epic. Allure was £700 more expensive which I thought was interesting.
                  RCI are able to charge premium prices for Oasis and Allure, there's nothing like them afloat.

Epic is very impressive too, but NOT as impressive.

NCL are masters on on-board surcharges so are able to charge lower fares. I certainly manage to spend more on-board NCL ships - so it's swings and roundabouts.

The scale of Oasis is all part of the experience. It's like saying Everest is too high or the Great wall of China is too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                    Having just returned from a back to back on Oasis I must agree with Malcolm.
                    Fantastic ship with super facilities and shows..we thoroughly enjoyed our time on board.
                    Regards
                    Garfield
                    We were in Vigo the other Saturday and the Oasis was parked in our usual spot!!

However it was interesting to wander up close to her to see her size and bulk. We chatted to a couple of her elderly passengers and although they admitted the ship was huge they were enjoying its facilities.

All of Vigo, it seemed, turned out to watch her early evening sailwaway, for which the weather was perfect and she was followed by a large flotilla of small boats out in to the bay, as she headed off for Rotterdam.

Comment

Hi there

So that was you in Infinity

And it was a great send off...seems like the whole of Vigo turned out..
                      P.S....we weren't the old couple you spoke to.
                      Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 11th October 2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Yup it was Garfield. There was a great buzz in Vigo that day, with loads of folks wandering right past us on that long jetty you've shown above, it was packed by 7pm.

In fact I can see our cabin balcony at the back of the Infinity in your photo, though it doesn't look like we were standing on it at that moment. But we had been out there taking pics of your ship as she sailed away.

PS. the elderly couple were from Germany.

Comment

Wouldn't they just So many "presenters" now make the whole thing about them, with the subject becoming almost a bit part player; I realise some enjoy this, but I'm afraid it drives me mad ... just get off the screen, you muppet, and show us what we switched on to see!!!!

Cheers,
                          Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Derby, Derby View Post

Wouldn't they just So many "presenters" now make the whole thing about them, with the subject becoming almost a bit part player; I realise some enjoy this, but I'm afraid it drives me mad ... just get off the screen, you muppet, and show us what we switched on to see!!!!

Cheers,
                            Lynn
                            I think you switched on to watch 'Paul Merton's Adventures'

Comment

Paul Merton was as funny as a hole in your head. He was sooooooo boring. Could you imagine having him as a dinner companion?

Like most people I felt the show was about him and not about life onboard the Allure. What did he look like with that stupid hat on his head all the time?

It was nice to see some of the staff facilities and the ship itself. I'm not sure if the Allure and ships like it would be too big for me but I would love to have a day visit to see.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X