• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planet cruises on Ideal World TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet cruises on Ideal World TV

Recently on Planet Cruises programme on Ideal World they have advertised a cruise on P&O Azura when showing details and description of Ventura they then advertised a cruise on Arcadia and mentioned that Arcadian Rhodes was one of the speciality dining options onboard when it has not been available for nearly 2 yrs. Today they advertised a "hot pick" of a roundtrip Transatlantic on QM2 for 14 nts for November 2014 starting from £699 per person. Phoned to enquire about booking and agent said he would make inquiries and phone me back in a few minutes which he didnt, phoned again spoke to another agent confirmed the price at £699 when I phoned back to confirm booking was told that it was a mistake and it was not 2014 as advertised on Ideal World but actually 2013. How can anyone rely on a company to take there booking for any cruise when they are this incompetent.

What is Ideal World TV??

Comment

Shopping Channel on Freeview channel 22

Comment

Thanks - never watch it.

Comment

Lots of travel agent videos showing the P&O ship Ventura still show the elastic bungee area on deck 15 rear but that disappeared a couple of years back and replaced with sun loungers!

Comment

I agree there are a lot of videos that show old facilities on ships but these instances were not videos but these were actual live cruise presenters on the show selling current cruises and telling everybody what is available on the ship when clearly they are not or giving descriptions that were the totally wrong ship. With reference to actually trying to book cruise on QM2 rang number given live on tv and agent actually gave me price and cabin grades and then an hour later said the details were wrong and then her attitude seeing that she was the one that gave me the wrong details was very poor and unprofessional.

Comment

We watch the show mainly for the comedy factor! It is funny when Shaun is presenting. Everything is 'handpicked' or 'amazing'. He really should learn some new words! The errors made on the show are really laughable. It does give an insight into deals available though. If we see anything we fancy I ring around other agents and they can always beat the price advertised on the Planet Cruise show.

Comment

I have watched it on the odd occasion on channel 747 on Virgin. I haven't phoned to book from the show; I have only seen one solo price there.

I used Planet Cruise once, because I thought it would be good to use a local company (based in Petersfield, just up the A3). The price I got was marginally better than other agents but the service was average.
                2018-
                Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

You may have had a lucky escape Shilly, I recalled reading a thread about Planet earlier on here. As for Ideal World I have also read some less than flattering comments about them on some shopping forums!

http://www.cruises.co.uk/673-cruise_...t_cruises.html

Comment

Iglu bought Planet Cruise back in June, Iglu I think are very good.

Comment

They did buy Planet in June bought this incident happened last night and previous incidents about Azura and Arcadia both have happened since then so things dont seem to any better.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X