• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBC proms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC proms

Tonight is
    The Golden Age of Broadway

Many a cruise traditional cruise show is based around the theme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ypjn

I just watched it TD and I was in my Happy Place! I adore Broadway and the musicals and still have all the covers from my Playbills over the years. The ad agency I worked for 40 years ago was on Broadway and I was so fortunate to be able to go see so many shows while I lived in NY. We are looking forward to when we are able to see Les Mis at the Lowry when it comes back. Big hints have been given to hubby about going to London to see Anything Goes at the Barbican. That would do me for a Staycation idea!

Take care. Helen🎭

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
      I just watched it TD and I was in my Happy Place! I adore Broadway and the musicals and still have all the covers from my Playbills over the years. The ad agency I worked for 40 years ago was on Broadway and I was so fortunate to be able to go see so many shows while I lived in NY. We are looking forward to when we are able to see Les Mis at the Lowry when it comes back. Big hints have been given to hubby about going to London to see Anything Goes at the Barbican. That would do me for a Staycation idea!

Take care. Helen🎭
      It was a great evening. Loved it and with four singers I've never heard of. Wonderful. I then watched a documentary on John Travolta. A great night's viewing.

Comment

I prefer the more traditional orchestral Proms.

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
          I prefer the more traditional orchestral Proms.
          So do I by preference, but last night was very entertaining and if it reaches a wider audience, that can't be bad. A turn off for me is modern clashing noise which is supposed to be music.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

So do I by preference, but last night was very entertaining and if it reaches a wider audience, that can't be bad. A turn off for me is modern clashing noise which is supposed to be music.
            Do you mean the stuff that goes “Plink, plank SQUONK” by any chance Mrs M? 😂 I’m with you on that one, that’s for sure. I can’t say that I’m a big fan of Stravinsky to be honest, but compared with some of the really dissonant stuff, Rite Of Spring is positively melodic. Apparently people walked out of the Premier of Ravel’s Bolero as it was too modern. How times change.

Take care. Helen🎼

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X