• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you cruise again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Was not planning a short cruise to NZ NZ 4 day week is to get New Zealanders travelling around their own country spending money.
    But if UK follows the idea I will have a lot of long weekends to get the best out of my holiday allocation. Could do a lot more UK holidays rather than a Foreign cruise
    4 day week not such a stupid idea anymore, there may be quite a few changes to work life balances after this. Lot of eyes opened to what is possible with flexibility.
    There is a lot to be said for UK cruises. We have done a few over the years and saw so many places that we wouldn't have travelled to in one holiday.

The Scillies, Isle of Man, lots of Scottish Islands, parts of Ireland, the Channel Isles. All were a delight and all worth seeing again and again.

The only drawback with UK cruises of course is the weather. Those that chase the sun might not be so keen.

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Was not planning a short cruise to NZ NZ 4 day week is to get New Zealanders travelling around their own country spending money.
      But if UK follows the idea I will have a lot of long weekends to get the best out of my holiday allocation. Could do a lot more UK holidays rather than a Foreign cruise
      4 day week not such a stupid idea anymore, there may be quite a few changes to work life balances after this. Lot of eyes opened to what is possible with flexibility.
      I can highly commend a 4 day week. When combined with a weeks annual leave you have 10 days off. Stopped taking 2 weeks off a while ago to capitalise on it.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

I would cruise again if the conditions were right but I am not unduly bothered if I don’t,

My wife only cruises because I want to, for her our Iona cruise was to celebrate my 80th birthday. She much prefers UK holidays, does not like flying and the ankle swelling she gets whenever setting foot on a ship. Has tried everything to try and prevent it, without success.

Also her increasing mobility issues due to the arthritis in her ankles, which although she can walk unaided, for her is very painful, like walking on stumps which limits the distance. For longer distances she has a mobility scooter but refuses to take it on board and only uses it to accompany me on longer walks along the seafront.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X