• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you cruise again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you cruise again?

Hi all,,,,will you ever risk it again.
    The Story of the Diamond Princess.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/

The first 5 min of the video would put you off

JC
    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 18th May 2020, 10:18 AM.
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Yes, but only subject to certain conditions which would probably include having full insurance cover and a proven vaccine. The same would apply to any holiday at the moment. I go on holiday to relax and enjoy myself, not get sick. Anyway, if social distancing remains a feature of daily life I don't see how cruise ships will be able to comply unless they sail a quarter full.

Comment

Yes, I would love to cruise again but it's too early to know if/how that would work at the moment.

One big decision for me is that I would never risk an inside cabin again, or any cabin without a balcony. That would probably mean that due to additional costs, I would cruise less often but it's better than never cruising again.

I just love being at sea.
      Jill

Comment

Hard to say if we would risk cruising again, there are too many unknown and consideration factors....already well documented on the forum.

At the start of May we made the decision to cancel this year’s cruise....which Cunard are still optimistically selling on their website. It would be the first cruise if they were to start up again after 31 July and can’t say we would fancy being ‘guinea pigs’ on that one!

I just checked to see current cabin status and can see many are now available that were previously not. Eg the Princess Grill restaurant would be pretty quiet with only 14 approx cabins still taken out of 60 approx. These were all booked at the start of this year! I would guess these (stoic) pax are preferring to wait for the cruiseline to cancel and then get their enhanced FCCs instead.

Will wait and see what 2021 brings.

Comment

For now we are waiting for effective treatment that has a good chance of stopping us dying before going anywhere with higher levels of close contact with lots of people than we can achieve doing our essentials and wanted encounters at a distance.

That rules out cruises.

Comment

I have a cruise booked for June 2021,I will just wait and see what happens. A lot can happen in a year but even IF the FO said it was safe to travel tomorrow AND the ports were open, I wouldn't enjoy it at the moment until some form of effective treatment was on offer or a safe vaccine.

Comment

I would sail tomorrow, if the FCO said it was ok to go. Life is far to short to sit around worrying, I would rather be enjoying it, than worrying about something that might kill me. I'd never leave the house again, if I worried about everything!!

As for cruising, wash your hands, and keep your face out of other peoples, that's what I intend to do!! ................................Carol

Comment

Asked for a run down of our booked cruises i.e. when booked and when deferred so we can easily keep track of dates, for the Covid insurance side of things and we have quite a few booked.
                Will we travel? Don't know. Depends on a couple of factors but I don't think we'll keep all the bookings. It's a bit excessive. I do know, looking at the prices of same grade cabins still available, not only have we had the 125% FCC to use on some of them, but the price we paid is significantly less than the price structure now.

It's all a gamble and we're gambling we can travel. If not due to FCO advice or we feel a little unsure, and Cunard is still solvent, we'll transfer the cruises, again.
                Last edited by Mrs M; 18th May 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

No, not without proper insurance and a proven vaccine. Life is a one shot deal, it's not a rehearsal. We live in one of the least affected areas for Covid yet we know of 5 cases locally, two of which were fatal. It's not worth the risk just for a holiday.
                  Logic will get you from A to B.
                  Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker, Royal Wootton Bassett View Post
                    No, not without proper insurance and a proven vaccine. Life is a one shot deal, it's not a rehearsal. We live in one of the least affected areas for Covid yet we know of 5 cases locally, two of which were fatal. It's not worth the risk just for a holiday.
                    Same here.

Life's too short as it, so why take the risk of making it even shorter................Wilba
                    Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                      Yes, but only subject to certain conditions which would probably include having full insurance cover and a proven vaccine. The same would apply to any holiday at the moment. I go on holiday to relax and enjoy myself, not get sick. Anyway, if social distancing remains a feature of daily life I don't see how cruise ships will be able to comply unless they sail a quarter full.
                      Agreed. Will hotels anywhere be any better?

Little point in visiting world famous sights with possibly big crowds all around. No chance of self isolating in planes if they have to be 80% full to make a profit.

Apart from a tent or your own touring caravan we are not sure what "safe" holidays will be available and neither tent or caravan are in our top 100!

Comment

Our cruise at Xmas is still 7 months away , but the way things are at the moment I cant see us going ,

Comment

Plenty seem to be happy ignore protective measures when they could reduce their own risks.

There are still the covidiods in supermarkets that ignore distancing.

runners and cyclists seem happier than pedestrians to pass close

It is going to be worse in more built up areas where avoiding people is harder if there are too many out

what really surprises me one of the private hire vehicles i see in our area have implemented the simple task of a screen between front and back seats and we have been in shut down for 8 weeks

Comment

Goodness knows when we will ever be able to go on holiday or a cruise again. As it is the thing I want to do most is cuddle my grandson as I’m sure many of my forum friends will agree with. Cruises can wait for a vaccine.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Stick to fanily ships during school holidays.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X