• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jane McDonald Series 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wansbrough, North Somerset
    started a topic Jane McDonald Series 6

Jane McDonald Series 6

Did anyone else watch episode 1 of series 6 last night? I really love the itinerary of the Great Lakes and the places visited, not overly keen on the age of the passengers shown on the programme and then spluttered when I looked at the prices.

There must be other company's doing this so I'm off to research.

• Lottie A, UK
    replied
    I have been on Marina so it will be interesting to watch the programme on Friday. I enjoyed the last one...have never considered a cruise on the Great Lakes but now I might.

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    A second email from ‘Bernie’ gave more details....Jane sails from Rome to Malaga on the Oceania Marina and hopefully also features one of their speciality restaurants.It will be interesting to hear what viewers think of her ‘Country Club casual ambience’.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    The schedule summary are released weeks in advance for the printing of TV guides and available on line.

​​​​
    https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-progra...anean-riviera/

Leave a comment:

• smtcan, Scarborough
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

We loved our first visit, decades ago. It's Tatsville and a must do if you're in the area. Maid of the Mist, Ripley's, dinner overlooking the Falls, the lot.

Our subsequent visits to the area were about the Shaw Festival and Inniskillin Icewine!!
    Maid of the Mist is well worth experiencing, but places like Ripley's have taken over the Clifton Hill area. When we have visitors who want to see the Falls, we drop them off to do the tourist things, then pick them up for lunch in Niagara on the Lake and a couple of wineries in the afternoon. Inniskillin is one of the best. We usually see a Shaw Festival show at least once a season when we have a weekend for two at Harbour House.

Leave a comment:

• Wansbrough, North Somerset
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
    This Friday’s episode Jane is on Oceania Riviera, I’ve cruised on Sirena and Insignia so looking forward to this episode.
    Another episode will be through the Balkans along the lower Danube on AmaVerde. I received the December edition of APT Club magazine and it made their front page.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
    All North America cruises seem to be expensive. We looked at Mississippi River cruises and were shocked that the cost was far higher than a similar length on a luxury Rhine cruise. While there are some very interesting places around Lake Ontario, most could be seen on a land tour, organized or self drive, with more time to spend in appealing places and less in others. IMHO a couple if hours is enough for Niagara. The Falls are a must see, but the town is on a par with the worst parts of Blackpool (which may have improved in the ten or so years since we were last there). As our grandaughter said when she was about eight "Niagara Falls is like a fun fair that people live in"
    We loved our first visit, decades ago. It's Tatsville and a must do if you're in the area. Maid of the Mist, Ripley's, dinner overlooking the Falls, the lot.

Our subsequent visits to the area were about the Shaw Festival and Inniskillin Icewine!!

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    This Friday’s episode Jane is on Oceania Riviera, I’ve cruised on Sirena and Insignia so looking forward to this episode.

Leave a comment:

• smtcan, Scarborough
    replied
    All North America cruises seem to be expensive. We looked at Mississippi River cruises and were shocked that the cost was far higher than a similar length on a luxury Rhine cruise. While there are some very interesting places around Lake Ontario, most could be seen on a land tour, organized or self drive, with more time to spend in appealing places and less in others. IMHO a couple if hours is enough for Niagara. The Falls are a must see, but the town is on a par with the worst parts of Blackpool (which may have improved in the ten or so years since we were last there). As our grandaughter said when she was about eight "Niagara Falls is like a fun fair that people live in"

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    For anyone interested in getting a brief taste of Oceania cruiselines, then it seems that this Friday’s episode will see Jane cruising on the Oceania Marina. The email didn’t mention the itinerary unfortunately. And being a ship that tends to focus on food, then hopefully we will get to see some of it!

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post

I wish they would give a little more info on the food and entertainment in the evening though.
    Yes, always!

I've done a similar itinerary on a coach tour, so much cheaper of course.

I'm not sure of the advantage of taking a river boat in this case. It did not look very scenic (like the sea) and the on-board experience was probably very low key - all from around £4,500 per person, without flights.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Jane has always been a bit marmite and the song is cheesy but obviously part of the deal and if you were her,would you not want to do it?As for not being working class,obviously her fame has changed things.but her Dad was a miner and her Mum ran a boarding house.
    She can be OTT but I like her positivity. She also still lives in her home town ,how many "stars" do that?

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    [QUOTE=Haworth, Wokingham;n1290337]Just watched it, both really enjoyed it, only fast forward through the adverts, really interesting itinerary [/QUOTE

I have covered most of the itinerary - poor Niagara - Eleanor Roosevelt was correct IMO.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Just watched it, both really enjoyed it, only fast forward through the adverts, really interesting itinerary

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

If only.....

I found the episode quite disappointing - very little information on the boat.

Annie
    Haven't seen it yet - must try and catch it.

Bill

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X