• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jane McDonald Series 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jane McDonald Series 6

Did anyone else watch episode 1 of series 6 last night? I really love the itinerary of the Great Lakes and the places visited, not overly keen on the age of the passengers shown on the programme and then spluttered when I looked at the prices.

There must be other company's doing this so I'm off to research.
    www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post
    Did anyone else watch episode 1 of series 6 last night? I really love the itinerary of the Great Lakes and the places visited, not overly keen on the age of the passengers shown on the programme and then spluttered when I looked at the prices.

There must be other company's doing this so I'm off to research.
    That was my first internet search of the day.

I looked at the same company that Jane cruised with, plus a couple of others, and found them all to be of a similar price range.

If anyone does come up with a cheaper option I would be interested..............Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

We've covered all the stops involved last night and thoroughly enjoyed the programme, as usual.

Canada's a wonderful country and the US isn't too bad either!

Comment

Not seen it yet but the great lakes has been on my bucket list for a few years.

I researched in the past and found that there were two main operators at the time, both offering similar (very expensive) fares!
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We've completely forgotten about the new series as we've been so busy. Thank goodness there's already a series link and we can watch it later. Thanks for the reminder 😁
          BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

So glad Jane is back. I loved the ports Jane visited but not the age of the passengers. Her zip line in Niagara Falls looked amazing but I’m not sure if I’d be game enough to try it.

I’m also guessing there wasn’t much entertainment at night.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Enjoyed Jane again, Loved the zip wire and I would be up for it. The cruise looks lovely and all the places so different to our normal cruises I would be interested in doing it.

I wish they would give a little more info on the food and entertainment in the evening though. Still, Welcome back Jane. Jan.

Comment

Wonder what the average daily rate for each series has been if the regular punter wanted to follow in Jane's footsteps.
                Might have a go at pricing up the same trips for 2020(using the cheapest cabin option not the actual cabins she used which have been higher grades)

The I'm a working class down to earth girl is wearing a bit thin as she swans about on these out of many peoples pockets ships.

(I tried to think of a word for it but the one I had in my head derived from smug turns out means something completely different and inappropriate glad I looked it up)

Comment

I view these programmes as no more than product placement and glorified advertising.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                    I view these programmes as no more than product placement and glorified advertising.

Annie

I view them purely as entertainment, if they are meant as advertising then it goes completely over my head.
                    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

I view them purely as entertainment, if they are meant as advertising then it goes completely over my head.
                      and me.

I remember the Holiday programmes of yesteryear, Wish You Were Here rings a bell, and anything beyond Mallorca or Tenerife for us, was beyond my experiences and expectations and so was.pure entertainment.
                      Great fun. Same with Jane McDonald. Difference being though, I've been to many of the places she travels to!

Now if she could just skip the singing at the end...

Comment

It may not be successful advertising??

Good thing is I can mute her and watch the video

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

and me.

Now if she could just skip the singing at the end...
                          I don’t mind her singing, we have been to a couple of her concerts they were great fun and a good night out, she has a great personality. It was a few years ago, but would go again if she was in concert locally πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜Ž

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I don’t mind her singing, we have been to a couple of her concerts they were great fun and a good night out, she has a great personality. It was a few years ago, but would go again if she was in concert locally πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜Ž
                            I think she has a good voice and if I saw her ''in concert'', I'm sure I'd appreciate it. However, I'm afraid I find her cringeworthy when she ends her travel programmes, in song. Just not appropriate for me.

Comment

I totally agree, the shows have made me aware of itineraries that I wasn't previously aware of so bring it on.

In agreement with Mrs M, they just need to work on getting rid of the cringy end songs.
                              www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X