• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well do you Label?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well do you Label?

I am a bit belt and braces when it comes to labeling up the suitcases for our cruises and have a three step plan.

1. I have those small address type label tags with inserts in which I put a label with all travel details on such as
    NAME
    • 24Aug11- EasyJet Flight xxxx LTN to BCN @ 11.20
    • 24Aug11 – Grand Hotel Central Barcelona
    • 26Aug11 – Carnival Magic Cruise Ship
    • Departing 17.00 Muelle Adosado Barcelona
    • 04Sept11 - EasyJet Flight xxxx BCN to LTN @ 17.50

I do not put my address in here but on the back I write a phone number

2. Then I do an A4 sheet with our Name & Address and contact phone numbers which I lay flat in the case just before zipping it up

3. I make sure I have at least two each of the cruise luggage labels for which I attach one on the side handle and one on the top handle of each suitcase.

What do you do?

Hi Bradbury

I do exactly the same as you except that I don't put the name and address inside the case. However I think that is a great idea and will be doing that in future.
    Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

We also do the same, Bradbury - a friend who worked for Gulf Air always nagged us into putting the address inside the case; apparently tags come off more often than we realise ...

Cheers,
      Lynn

Comment

I label cases the same except I have never put the address inside but I will from now on. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
          I am a bit belt and braces when it comes to labeling up the suitcases for our cruises and have a three step plan.

1. I have those small address type label tags with inserts in which I put a label with all travel details on such as
          NAME

2. Then I do an A4 sheet with our Name & Address and contact phone numbers which I lay flat in the case just before zipping it up

3. I make sure I have at least two each of the cruise luggage labels for which I attach one on the side handle and one on the top handle of each suitcase.

What do you do?
          We also have an A4 schedule of our holiday with addresses/tel nos. for the trip, our address, home telephone number and mobiles placed last in every checked case/cases porters deliver to our cabin, plus our cases are labelled to the hilt. No home address on the outside labels until our actual homeward journey.
          Edit
          I add our FF labels to the cases when we fly certain airlines as they have names and FF nos.only. I had a case go astray in the US [luckily on the way home] and the airline used the details on that tag to deliver the case to my home address.
          Last edited by Mrs M; 28th September 2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

We have inside our cases an elasticated division which on a piece of paper has our address on.We use a plastic luggage label holder which I write on a piece of card the details going out which I then reverse to show details of our return when the time comes.The luggage label holder is quite strong and incorporates a strap which is attached to the side suitcase handle.Works for us.

Comment

NAME

What do you do?
              Same as you, but with a Cadbury purple ribbon tied to each handle (lots of people use red). The suitcase that my husband takes on business trips has his office postcode in indelible marker on the outside. It goes missing at least 60% of the time, usually at CDG!

Comment

Years ago before mobile phones were in common use, I always used to put my Employers Works address on the suitcase labels, knowing that if they went astray and they tried to deliver them to our home address when no-one was in, there would be someone at work to take them in and also avoided publicising my home address.

Comment

Hi Bradbury

I have decided for this year I shall produce my own labels based on the information that P&O require on their downloadable folding labels. I have my own small laminating machine, so I shall print off the label, laminate it, punch a hole using a hole punch and then fix the label to the case with a cable tie. However I like your idea of the sheet inside the case so I will produce an A4 laminated sheet, so that I can leave it in the case. Thank you for that good idea.

Cheers
                  Bob

Comment

Hi Bradbury,

Just to add, on my suitcases I have small velcro pads so that I can put a preprinted and laminated home address on for the return journey. Altough as I like to sail from the UK, and drive to/from the port, plus take advantage of the self disembark opportunities, I suppose that I don't really even need these labels.

Cheers
                    Bob

Comment

Here ,I hope , is a rather nice pdf file which you can type on ,print,a then laminate for inside your cases.

I got it from Air Canada.
                      I've put it as an attachment hoping it will work if you download it for yourself
                      Attached Files
                      Pete

sigpic
                      If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                        Same as you, but with a Cadbury purple ribbon tied to each handle (lots of people use red). The suitcase that my husband takes on business trips has his office postcode in indelible marker on the outside. It goes missing at least 60% of the time, usually at CDG!
                        We usually have some remnants of bright green string on our luggage which was securely knotted on with the cruise labels, later ripped off but couldnt get the knots undone. Nevertheless I left the string on as it made them stand out.

When we went on the Azamara Cruise my OH decided that the green string looked messy and cut it off. When the luggage arrived off the carousel at the airport it had lost its little blue luggage tag which I always used as an identifier. So it had nothing on it other than the flight carriers label.

Despite the fact that our case are quite distinguishable I still had panics as I kept saying but how do we know they are ours, someone else might have the same design?

So the green string will go back on.

Comment

NAME

What do you do?
                          Just seen this post _ I know it is an old one but I thought I would add to it--

I also put my details inside my suitcases i.e. Name- Address- Contact Numbers ...but also add my email address
                          Last edited by Rosie, Pangbourne; 13th August 2013, 08:53 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X