• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I got the nerve to wait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
    I received two emails from a cruise company today. QM2 sailing from Southampton 10th January 2012 first segment of the the world cruise. £1099 for 18 days. Sails to Dubai and you will get two days in a hotel in Dubai. Flights included. Very cheap!
    Now this is the cheapest I have ever seen a WC segment. Must be a sign of the times as most segments sell last minute for more than that. If I wasn't already booked on a cruise I would have gone for that myself. The other email referred to the same cruise but carried on to Singapore. Cost £1999. 35 days.
    Thanks for the latest advice Jaffa and Maggie. I'm hanging in there and watching to see what happens.
    Jill

Comment

Book early to get the best choice of cabins.
      Wait to get the chance of a better price, probably with reduced choice.

Comment

Originally posted by segedunum, Tyneside View Post
        Book early to get the best choice of cabins.
        Wait to get the chance of a better price, probably with reduced choice.
        We are not too fussy about the cabin and would rather go for the cheaper end available on most cruises. For us it means we can go on more cruises and as we started late, we have a lot of catching up to do.
        Itinerary is the number one priority for us.
        Jill

Comment

Have I got the nerve to wait.

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
          it is exciting Carol although we are only doing 29 days of the whole cruise. We both want to see some of SE Asia but the long flights have put us off. As it is, we are biting the bullet flying to Hong Kong and back from Capetown. We considered sailing back to Southampton but the ports of call don't really appeal and there are too many sea days. Thanks for your input.

Always difficult to know what to do - a couple of months ago I booked a P&O Caribbean cruise for Nov 2013 as I understand they are very popular as they include the flights, OBC and free parking. I have been watching the prices for Nov 2012 and they are £400 to £600 per person more than I have paid. But I've booked and have accepted that the price may go up or down, but I have my booking, so am happy.
          We did the Hong Kong to Singapore sector on P&O World cruise two years ago and noticed that they seem to do that Hong Kong to Capetown sector each year on one ship or another so........just depends how much of a gambler you are!

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl, The Chilterns View Post
            Always difficult to know what to do - a couple of months ago I booked a P&O Caribbean cruise for Nov 2013 as I understand they are very popular as they include the flights, OBC and free parking. I have been watching the prices for Nov 2012 and they are £400 to £600 per person more than I have paid. But I've booked and have accepted that the price may go up or down, but I have my booking, so am happy.
            We did the Hong Kong to Singapore sector on P&O World cruise two years ago and noticed that they seem to do that Hong Kong to Capetown sector each year on one ship or another so........just depends how much of a gambler you are!
            Thanks for that. I am not really a gambler and will book if I see the cabins selling fast, which at the moment they're not.
            Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X