• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I got the nerve to wait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
    it is exciting Carol although we are only doing 29 days of the whole cruise. We both want to see some of SE Asia but the long flights have put us off. As it is, we are biting the bullet flying to Hong Kong and back from Capetown. We considered sailing back to Southampton but the ports of call don't really appeal and there are too many sea days. Thanks for your input.
    Jill, The only other point I'd make is to remember [and I have no idea which cabins you're looking at] on world voyages, the insides and maybe the top cabins often sell more quickly than others.
    Last edited by Mrs M; 5th September 2012, 09:02 PM. Reason: added 'more...than others'

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
      Jill to keep an eye on your cruise keep checking with seascanners with a dot and com. they let you know what cabins are left and what the prices are. the prices are in euros but you can change it to pounds.

      mind you if it was me wanting this special cruise I would book it sooner rather than later. I wouldn't mind leaving it to the last minute if it was a cruise closer to home but this cruise sounds fantastic and I would be worried incase the flights sold out. mind you that is because I live in Scotland and we don't have as many flight choices as people have down south.

      go with your gut instinct Jill and what you feel is right for you.
      Thanks Issy & Mrs M. I phoned P & O earlier to check cabin availability and there is plenty going at the moment. As we seem to be booking rather more cruises than we had anticipated, we will be looking a the cheaper end and going for an inside amidshps hopefully.
      I will also be checking with Faz on a regular basis as he suggested.

      Thanks for the website Issy, I will use that too.
      Jill

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
        Thanks Issy & Mrs M. I phoned P & O earlier to check cabin availability and there is plenty going at the moment. As we seem to be booking rather more cruises than we had anticipated, we will be looking a the cheaper end and going for an inside amidshps hopefully.
        I will also be checking with Faz on a regular basis as he suggested.

        Thanks for the website Issy, I will use that too.
        I tried seascanner.com but unfortunately they don't cover P & O.
        Jill

        Comment


          #19
          Don't forget to check the lead times for any visas.

          What did the cruise(or something close) come down to this year.

          all the P&O part legs I have looked at for late bookings have been around £50pppn inc flights.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
            Don't forget to check the lead times for any visas.

            What did the cruise(or something close) come down to this year.

            all the P&O part legs I have looked at for late bookings have been around £50pppn inc flights.
            Thanks for that. I must admit, I hadn't looked. I asked P & O if they thought the leg I was interested in would sell quickly. She shouldn't gauge it because they haven't done that route for a while.
            Jill

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
              I was under impression that P&O have their advantage prices now so if the price comes down you get an upgrade or OBC. Maybe you should check that out first. Hope your dream comes true and your "to do" list gets smaller
              I wonder if it applies to WC'S Maggie , sometimes the terms and conditions are different on the world cruises, It would be worth having a look to be sure.CG
              sigpic

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                My OH and I have found an itinerary which has been on our 'to do' list for 2 years. It is part of a World cruise in 2014 on the Aurora. Now I'm not P & O's biggest fan but as we always go for the itinerary and not the ship, we are going to give P & O another try. From what I have read, Aurora is very popular so she will probably suit us anyway.

                My big dilemma is when to book. Having spoken to Faz at Cruisedot, he thinks that there is probably no rush to book as prices could very well come down. I want to take his advice having booked with him a couple of times before. My big worry though is that the particular leg of the cruise that appeals to us (Hong Kong to Capetown) might sell out quickly.
                On the other hand, we booked early for our last cruise to Norway and Iceland, only to find that the price was reduced considerably 3 months before we sailed as the cruise was undersubscribed.

                I don't want to pay over the odds but I don't want to miss the boat so to speak. Any advice from those with world cruise experience would be gratefully received.

                Hi Jill we are also looking at the 2014 world cruises with PO however at the moment we are not sure whether to take a full one or a long segment, Aurora and Adonia both are attractive to us as their itineraries are great, I/S and balconies sell the fastest , and whatever you do do not have a cabin on deck e[6] as it is under the prom deck and it is a full wraparound deck so people continually walk and jog [if they can get away with it ] from very early in the morning].
                I would get Faz to check T&C regarding the advantage price promise as I have never know a full world cruise come down in price, and that might also apply to the legs as they are of a long duration, just a thought.
                CG
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                  Hi Jill we are also looking at the 2014 world cruises with PO however at the moment we are not sure whether to take a full one or a long segment, Aurora and Adonia both are attractive to us as their itineraries are great, I/S and balconies sell the fastest , and whatever you do do not have a cabin on deck e[6] as it is under the prom deck and it is a full wraparound deck so people continually walk and jog [if they can get away with it ] from very early in the morning].
                  I would get Faz to check T&C regarding the advantage price promise as I have never know a full world cruise come down in price, and that might also apply to the legs as they are of a long duration, just a thought.
                  CG
                  Thanks CG. I will check the T & Cs with Faz re price promise and also avoid a cabin on deck 6.
                  Jill

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                    Hi Jill we are also looking at the 2014 world cruises with PO however at the moment we are not sure whether to take a full one or a long segment, Aurora and Adonia both are attractive to us as their itineraries are great, I/S and balconies sell the fastest , and whatever you do do not have a cabin on deck e[6] as it is under the prom deck and it is a full wraparound deck so people continually walk and jog [if they can get away with it ] from very early in the morning].
                    I would get Faz to check T&C regarding the advantage price promise as I have never know a full world cruise come down in price, and that might also apply to the legs as they are of a long duration, just a thought.
                    CG
                    Not sure about p&o but the 2013 Cunard price is down about 5% on a sector I've just looked at and hardly anything on another. Not much really, but the economy is not getting any better. Wait, or book. It's a gamble, as always.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Hi Jill

                      A word of warning about the new price promise.

                      From what I understand it only comes into effect when the same grade of cabin is reduced in price. There is nothing to stop Carnival creating a new grade of cabin to sell on a guarantee basis at the last minute. Doing this would of course enable them to swerve having to pay the difference between the brochure price and the last minute price as OBC.

                      If I were in your shoes I would be very careful who I took advice from on this site where P&O or Cunard are concerned, as there are a few Carnival shareholders here who I suspect would like to see the value of their shares go up!!!

                      Eddie.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        What a nasty thing to say, no body would do that on here and Jill will be taking advice from Faz when she books are you worried he might have Carnival shares? CG
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                          What a nasty thing to say, no body would do that on here and Jill will be taking advice from Faz when she books are you worried he might have Carnival shares? CG
                          Hi CG

                          I don't see how that is nasty, it certainly wasn't meant to be and it wasn't aimed at Faz.

                          I have a valid point about last minute cabin grades yet in 20 odd posts no one has mentioned them.

                          My sole intention here was to make the opening poster aware of what P&O MIGHT do.

                          Eddie.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Acording to the brochure this(RIH and all world stuff) does qualify for the vantage fares.
                            (c954 sept 2012, P&O world cruises 2014 page 69)

                            also on-line
                            Hong Kong to Cape Town - RIH | World Voyages | P&O Cruises

                            one issue with this leg is it overlaps with others so you need to watch the prices/availability of more than one trip

                            keep an eye on a B2B shanghai->cape town a little longer but price may invert and end up cheaper than the single leg.

                            what about Adonia DC1(pg 54) Singapore-Singapore that looks good loads more far east stuff.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              That's the lef I am interested in Topdeck on the Adonia, however I think they could be very popular, although I wouldn't mind Dubai around to Singapore as it takes in Yangon [Rangoon] Burma, it's a great itinerary.CG
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                                Acording to the brochure this(RIH and all world stuff) does qualify for the vantage fares.
                                (c954 sept 2012, P&O world cruises 2014 page 69)

                                also on-line
                                Hong Kong to Cape Town - RIH | World Voyages | P&O Cruises

                                one issue with this leg is it overlaps with others so you need to watch the prices/availability of more than one trip

                                keep an eye on a B2B shanghai->cape town a little longer but price may invert and end up cheaper than the single leg.

                                what about Adonia DC1(pg 54) Singapore-Singapore that looks good loads more far east stuff.
                                It wouldn't be Adonia for us because she won't be going via South Africa but through the Suez which doesn't appeal to us.

                                Thanks anyway. It's a minefield out there re pricing isn't it? I will trust in Faz as he has given me valuable advice in the past and I am confident he will do again.
                                Jill

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X