• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

last minute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last minute

How late is last minute? I am having to wait until the lasting to book a cruise in school summer holidays. Can anyone tell me what last minute would be?? A week, a month or days? I've never done this before so would welcome any advice thanks all.

I'd suggest that last minute would be a month before start date because you, your TA & cruise line need to get various things sorted before you go and to do it any quicker might lead to mistakes being made and important things like visas being missed. Obviously there have been examples on this site of people going with only hours notice but that requires you to be a seasoned cruiser with good TA contacts and able to leave home at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Our first cruise was on Queen Mary 2. We booked on the Saturday and joined Queen Mary 2 on the Sunday. To say it was a rush to get organised and packed in an understatement and we did not get to bed until nearly midnight on the Saturday but it was well worth it. When we joined Queen Mary 2 it seemed like a dream and before long we were hooked on cruises. Happy future cruising.
      Oriana
      Oceana
      Ventura
      Queen Mary 2
      Queen Victoria
      Queen Elizabeth

Comment

last minute How late is last minute?
        Never enjoyed the fruits of a last minute cruise, always had to plan and book well in advance to fit around school holidays and work commitments (across European locations and beyond) at certain times of the year often more away than at home!

I'm looking forward to next year though when I hope to be able to take advantage - we enjoy a Transalantic run and those at the last minute go for a real bargain at times!
        Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

I am sure everything could be sorted out within a couple of days providing the availability is there. Probrably easier if cruising out of the UK as flights are likely to be full.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X