• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Director whereabouts ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Director whereabouts ???

I have a favourite Cruise Director.
    His name is Rob Boyd and we have met him on Airtours Sun Cruises and on the Island Star.
    I know he has more recently been a Cruise Director for P & O.

Does anyone know if he is still a Cruise Director, and if so on which cruise line?

Thank you,
    Zena Nattriss

Originally posted by Zena, Reading View Post
    His name is Rob Boyd and we have met him on Airtours Sun Cruises and on the Island Star.

Does anyone know if he is still a Cruise Director, and if so on which cruise line?

Thank you,
    Zena Nattriss
    He moved upmarket in 2011 and was last heard of on P&O's Oceana but doesn't feature in The latest 'Our World' Peninsular Club Magazine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4febWGEx-8
    Last edited by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent; 3rd April 2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Thank you Solent Richard - but I knew everything in your answer.
      In fact we boarded Oceana the same day as he left it in January 2011 ! Shame...

I also get the P&O magazine and I have not seen his name in it since then.

So any 'Rob Boyd sightings' in the last 2 years from anyone else would be appreciated,
      Zena

Comment

I seem to think I have read somewhere that he moved to Royal Caribbean, sorry I don't actually know though.
        Jo

Comment

I'm afraid that I fail to understand why people dote on any Cruise Director. They come on at the end of a show and tell you, in a very smarmy manner, what is going on around the ship after the show. But - everyone already knows what is going on - it's in the printed daily programme which is delivered to every cabin every day. Most are just smarmy, insincere, pain in the proverbial whats-its but I'm too polite to walk out whilst they are rabbiting on.

Their jokes are ancient and generally they are very poor at putting them over. Their talent lies in getting their staff to perform to their best abilities.

I couldn't care one iota which Cruise director is on-board and I would most certainly not book a cruise just because Cruise Director A.N. Other was on duty on that particular ship.

The only one of note to me is Leon de Sainte Croix and the reason being he is a very experienced and interesting astronomer who gives talks on this very subject. (It's not a particular interest of mine but he is very enthusiastic about it and gives very good presentations.)

cheers
          Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey, Bristol upon Cream View Post
            I'm afraid that I fail to understand why people dote on any Cruise Director. They come on at the end of a show and tell you, in a very smarmy manner, what is going on around the ship after the show. But - everyone already knows what is going on - it's in the printed daily programme which is delivered to every cabin every day. Most are just smarmy, insincere, pain in the proverbial whats-its but I'm too polite to walk out whilst they are rabbiting on.

Their jokes are ancient and generally they are very poor at putting them over. Their talent lies in getting their staff to perform to their best abilities.

I couldn't care one iota which Cruise director is on-board and I would most certainly not book a cruise just because Cruise Director A.N. Other was on duty on that particular ship.

The only one of note to me is Leon de Sainte Croix and the reason being he is a very experienced and interesting astronomer who gives talks on this very subject. (It's not a particular interest of mine but he is very enthusiastic about it and gives very good presentations.)

cheers
            Harvey
            Harvey I'm with you 100%. I have cruised all my life and cannot see what difference it makes from a passengers point of view who stands on the stage and gives out verbal diarrhoea that can be read by anyone of average intelligence in the daily cruise sheet......Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

Harvey, Wilba, absolutely right. One or two other threads have been banging on about this or that director, it's a bit like slavering over whichever nonentity is presenting Big Brother, X factor, or similar twaddle at the present - who cares, if they weren't there, lots of other bods could do the job.

Oh, Harvey, if you're gazing up at the stars on that midnight stroll round the top deck, careful when you get near the rail!

Comment

Originally posted by Zena, Reading View Post

Thank you,
                Zena Nattriss
                Hi Zena .
                Sadly I cannot help you I have know Idea if he still works in the cruise industry .
                I must say though he was a very good cruise Director and a first Act in his own right,wonder if he is plying his trade round his native USA big cruise market so plenty of work there...Taffy
                ​Taffy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X