• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First one

I am planning a cruise next year for our 40th Anniversary. My wife has never been keen on anything to to do with boats and water but is willing to give it a go. So I thought for the first one perhaps an 8 day trip. I have seen a Thomson cruise starting at Palma,then calling at Corsica,Sicily,and so on. Would this be a suitable starter.Thanks in anticipation. Ron

First cruise is the best one

Originally posted by lotus604, Leeds View Post
    I am planning a cruise next year for our 40th Anniversary. My wife has never been keen on anything to to do with boats and water but is willing to give it a go. So I thought for the first one perhaps an 8 day trip. I have seen a Thomson cruise starting at Palma,then calling at Corsica,Sicily,and so on. Would this be a suitable starter.Thanks in anticipation. Ron

Comment

As Sparten says get the ship right and go from there, get it wrong and it could put you of cruising for life

mrs.m :p
      life is great :D

Comment

It's hard to say which ship is best to as a starter - for me it way The Sunbird back in 2003 (now Thomson Destiny)... I've been back on her a couple of times since and she's still a very good hostess... Working mans cruising and age aside, still delivered a very good quality of service. Ok she's an old lady but there's many a good tune played on an old filddle as it were...

As has already been said, choose a ship that matches your pocket and lifestyle - Thomson is a good place to start... if you like it, try something a bit grander like an RCI ship - if you like affordable quality then perhaps a Celebrety... I'm getting a bit jaded now with cost cutting so rather than taking 3-4 curises a year intend cutting back and paying more for either silversea or crystal... finances will dictate.

Good look with your search... -

Comment

All above quotes give good advice i will just add what about sailing out from the uk and cut out the flying. Makes life so much easier without weight limits and hanging about in airports
          whichever just enjoy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X