• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just out of curiosity...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity...

... I was looking at a cruise ex-Southampton with MSC and I did wonder if the experience sailing from the UK would be as Italian as it would be when sailing from anywhere in the Med . For instance, would there be more food choices geared to British passengers than if they were doing their normal Ferry Service around the Med? What has been the experience of the forum members?

Take care. Helen

We sailed on the m s c Virtuosa last august out of Liverpool but we were not very happy with the cruise.
    I will not express an opinion but if you go to you tube and watch Ben and Davids video who describe it as there worst
    cruise ever I would certainly agree with there opinion of sailing with M S C on this ship describing it as there worst cruise
    ever and probably ours as well

Comment

The Northern Europe run out of Southampton has been multi embarkation.

Check any cruise on other non UK sites as not all embarkation ports show on the UK sites.

MSC Germany can work.

Also check prices as they can vary a lot between region.

Comment

MSC definitely do vary their offer when cruising out of the UK and more UK oriented cuisine is on offer.
        On our Virtuosa cruise last year, we personally found the buffet really good and in the MDR we had 1 poor meal a few were average or a little better and a couple were excellent.
        We have rebooked on Presziosa this November.

Comment

I am sailing out of Southampton on Virtuosa next weekend. I have never had a poor experience on any of their ships. I thought the choice was a little more limited in 2021, but there were only 700 passengers on board, so that would have been inevitable. The pizza station in the buffet is particularly good.
          2018-
          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
            ... I was looking at a cruise ex-Southampton with MSC and I did wonder if the experience sailing from the UK would be as Italian as it would be when sailing from anywhere in the Med . For instance, would there be more food choices geared to British passengers than if they were doing their normal Ferry Service around the Med? What has been the experience of the forum members?

Take care. Helen
            Hi Helen

I have sailed MSC from North and South America and South Africa along with a cruise from Med-Dubai.

My experience is that the food choices reflected the regional departures and were not bad.

However I have not sailed with MSC since 2015 and never from the UK.

Annie

Comment

only said MSC once ( splendida ) from s'ton... I believe it was their first sailing from uk waters.. it was a very pretty ship and very civilised, when you got on board you were taken straight to the bar until cabins were ready... my memory is the lack of tea in the cafe... they werent prepared for the way that brits drink tea and just kept putting fruit teas out ( cos thats what the europeans drink! ) one of the waiters did give me my own little stash and also told me where they kept them so I was a happy bunny after that......... Also I think they then started to put tea making facilities in the cabins. Only real problem we had was trying to get off, the whole ship had to go through passport control, that took a couple of hours cos we kept getting in the wrong queue!!!!!!!! Apart from that it was all good x

Comment

Price up Yacht Club that's the way to do MSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                  I agree. Definitely the way to go on MSC

Comment

I agree - totally different experience.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Still doesn't guarantee your cabin though...ask Duncan.

And good luck if you have to use their customer relations either before, during or after your cruise.

Garf..

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X