• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amendment to my post 4 above re Cunard self service buffet

With effect from the 10th September sailing, the Buffet on Queen Elizabeth is now open and with some food stations back to self service .

Comment

• kwoozahhh, London
      kwoozahhh, London commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reporting that, Cunardcruiser. That sounds quite encouraging news, as long as people don't mess it up by not taking due care. Fingers crossed!

I should correct my post 16
    Although the Buffet area is back to some sense of normality, It is the kitchen staff that serve the food into the guests plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunardcruiser, at sea View Post
      I should correct my post 16
      Although the Buffet area is back to some sense of normality, It is the kitchen staff that serve the food into the guests plate.
      Does that mean you can now stand closer to the counter and get service from the other side rather than a server on your side?

Comment

Yes ,apparently the guest picks up a plate, the server/kitchen staff across the counter serves the food items onto the plate .
        I'm not onboard this week, however , friends onboard are informing me of the changes since the 13th August

Comment

As passenger numbers rise having servers on the passenger side will take up to much room.
          Also has servers in closer proximity to passengers.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X