• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yacht/small ship cruises- best cabins????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yacht/small ship cruises- best cabins????

Interested to hear others advice for choosing a cabin on a small ship/yacht? About to book a cruise on MV RIVA - usually go for quiet and steady(midship) locations on ocean cruises- unsure where to pick as small ship cruising new experience for me. Pros and cons off different locations??? Any advice welcome! Thanks!

There are only 19 cabins they are all close to each other, none aft.
    stick to the VIP one.

Comment

You might want to read my blog from a couple of years ago.
      MV RIVA BLOG – Day 1 by BRADBURY of Coventry - Cruise Forum | Latest Cruise News | Cruise.co.uk
      Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 26th August 2021, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Lol, Just opened my Pms and see you have read it!

We had the lead in price lowest deck, we loved it as it was quiet, the window was high up and you had to stand on tippee toes to see out. We thought some of the cabins were shall we say compact. The VIP cabin up on top deck looked like a goldfish bowl, although the windows were tinted so you couldn't see in but could see out, I would not of liked to walk around having come out of the shower etc. The cabins on the mid deck had the doors opening onto the deck and a window so again people could walk by but then I guess you had a better view, but we rarely spent time in our cabin at all. We much prefered the lower deck private and quiet.

Comment

I hope you managed to find the links to the full 7 days.. I think I removed some of the photos I took as I had a stalker on flickr that un nerved me a bit so I made them private again.

Comment

Also do bear in mind the ship does not move in the night you are at dock. It usually ups anchor and moves whilst you are having breakfast and lunch.

Comment

Main deck would be a good compromise as you dont get people walking by on the forward cabins

Comment

Thank you so much for such informative replies!

I'd originally put a hold on the VIP cabin but after reading your BLOG changed it to Main Deck no 8, unfortunately 1 and 2 on Upper Deck and 3,4,5,6,7 on Main Deck have gone. So hopefully 8 will be OK.

Where is the bar area you drank at at night, is it on the Sun Deck or Upper Deck or maybe near our cabin no 8 on Main Deck???? Just trying to work out where the restaurant and bars are????

I really loved your BLOG and did enjoy seeing the pictures once I'd discovered the Day by Day Blogs. Isn't technology wonderful that we can get all of this information to each other to help with choices???
                Thanks again so much....
                Jan

Comment

PS I have just spent twenty mins copying and pasting and printing out your blog so I can take it with me next Sept!!!!!

Comment

Hi Jan
                    Welcome to the forum and all we ask is for you to enjoy yourself and come back to tell us all about it.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                      I hope you managed to find the links to the full 7 days.. I think I removed some of the photos I took as I had a stalker on flickr that un nerved me a bit so I made them private again.
                      I had forgotten or missed that..

I think this search should bring up the full list

Comment

Originally posted by Droitwich, Fraj1 View Post
                        Thank you so much for such informative replies!

I'd originally put a hold on the VIP cabin but after reading your BLOG changed it to Main Deck no 8, unfortunately 1 and 2 on Upper Deck and 3,4,5,6,7 on Main Deck have gone. So hopefully 8 will be OK.

Where is the bar area you drank at at night, is it on the Sun Deck or Upper Deck or maybe near our cabin no 8 on Main Deck???? Just trying to work out where the restaurant and bars are????

I really loved your BLOG and did enjoy seeing the pictures once I'd discovered the Day by Day Blogs. Isn't technology wonderful that we can get all of this information to each other to help with choices???
                        Thanks again so much....
                        Jan
                        The only bar is on main deck and forms part of the main salon where the dining tables are. There was a couple of bar stools and a sofa inside and plenty of seating outside.
                        Cabin No 8 looks like a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by Droitwich, Fraj1 View Post
                          PS I have just spent twenty mins copying and pasting and printing out your blog so I can take it with me next Sept!!!!!
                          Wow, I'm very flattered x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X