• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity drinks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity drinks

I can't seem to find an answer to my query anywhere else. I have a Classic package on the Silhouette cruise. When I look at what is on offer it states that premium coffee is included in Classic and Premium. What does it mean by premium coffee? Does that include my morning cappuccino/latte? Also, will it make any difference if I upgrade to Premium. I need to make a decision on upgrading soon.

Thanks for any answers. I'm not a Celebrity cruiser, and on RCI ships have always used the machine in the Diamond lounge. MSC has very good coffee in all the packages.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

I have never sailed with Celebrity. Out of interest I Googled Celebrity premium coffee. That took me to the other site where there are posts in response to the same question.
    It is a few years old and no doubt the prices are out of date.
    In short, it looks as if "normal" coffees, including lattes etc are premium, things with additions like flavours or Viennese are termed Speciality and cost more.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
      I can't seem to find an answer to my query anywhere else. I have a Classic package on the Silhouette cruise. When I look at what is on offer it states that premium coffee is included in Classic and Premium. What does it mean by premium coffee? Does that include my morning cappuccino/latte? Also, will it make any difference if I upgrade to Premium. I need to make a decision on upgrading soon.

Thanks for any answers. I'm not a Celebrity cruiser, and on RCI ships have always used the machine in the Diamond lounge. MSC has very good coffee in all the packages.
      If I recall correctly, lattes etc are covered by both packages. Irish coffees etc require the Premium package.

Annie

PS the menus may have changed but you will be Elite and can enjoy lattes at the Captain's club breakfast at no cost. I would make a decision on ugradng after you board and have read the menus.
      Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 26th July 2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

From what I can remember from my last cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, the Classic package did not include premium coffees, you had to upgrade to the Premium package which does include premium coffees.

They may have changed the contents of the packages since I last sailed, but the Celebrity Silhouette website I looked at which shows the Classic and Premium packages, does not include Premium coffees in the Classic package.

Comment

When we went on Eclipse on the forum cruise, probably about 3 years ago, if you had the Classic package, you could just pay the difference if you wanted something on the Premium package. I know that isn't what you asked, but at least you can still have the drink off of the higher package .................................................. .....Carol

Comment

The flyer for the packages on the Celebrity website shows premium coffee on both packages: https://www.celebritycruises.com/con...yer_051721.pdf
            2018-

2019 -

2020 -
            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              When we went on Eclipse on the forum cruise, probably about 3 years ago, if you had the Classic package, you could just pay the difference if you wanted something on the Premium package. I know that isn't what you asked, but at least you can still have the drink off of the higher package .................................................. .....Carol
              My only experience of Celebrity was the Forum cruise, and I'm afraid that I can't remember that far back!
              2018-

2019 -

2020 -
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

The flyer for the packages on the Celebrity website shows premium coffee on both packages: https://www.celebritycruises.com/con...yer_051721.pdf
                Hi Yogini
                That's exactly how it was on our 2019 Silhouette cruise.
                If you wanted an Irish coffee or any other with spirit you had to have either the Premium package or pay the difference.

Garf.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

Hi Yogini
                  That's exactly how it was on our 2019 Silhouette cruise.
                  If you wanted an Irish coffee or any other with spirit you had to have either the Premium package or pay the difference.

Garf.
                  Or go to the bar get a shot of the appropriate alcohol that is included and pour it in yourself.

Comment

My only experience of Celebrity was the Forum cruise, and I'm afraid that I can't remember that far back!
                    I do know the frozen daiquiris were amazing and for that reason alone I would go with the Premium package every time .................................................. Carol

Comment

As far as I recall, non alcoholic coffees were included in the Classic package, but the inclusions change frequently. As others have said, check on board and decide if it is necessary to upgrade. BTW, in our experience not all servers interpret the rules in the same way. Some people claim a tip helps, but a friendly chat and smiles have stood us in good stead.

Sheila

Comment

I hope my previous post doesn’t appear twice. I twice got a message saying my post was invalid, try again. Then I was told to wait 30 seconds between posts. After 30 seconds it said my post was a duplicate of a previous one (which hadn’t appeared), then after I had decided to give up, the post popped up.
                        Sheila

Comment

Hi Yogini
                          Anything in Cafe el Bacio up to the $9 limit on the Classic package is included,including Cappachinos,Lattes,Machiatos etc.
                          If you want alcohol bases coffee most are extra,,you can pay the extra plus service charge…ie drink @$10,pay $1.20.
                          You have to work out if the upgrade to Premium,,,I think it is £10 plus service charge=£11.20 a day….work out how many special coffees you will have in a day,,,,or maybe a couple of Martinis.

I sometimes upgrade to get a Martini or a Grey Goose or Belvedere vodka,or maybe try a few of the more expensive beers or whiskeys,I believe in the UK the premium limit is drinks up to $18.

JC
                          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi Yogini
                            Anything in Cafe el Bacio up to the $9 limit on the Classic package is included,including Cappachinos,Lattes,Machiatos etc.
                            If you want alcohol bases coffee most are extra,,you can pay the extra plus service charge…ie drink @$10,pay $1.20.
                            You have to work out if the upgrade to Premium,,,I think it is £10 plus service charge=£11.20 a day….work out how many special coffees you will have in a day,,,,or maybe a couple of Martinis.

I sometimes upgrade to get a Martini or a Grey Goose or Belvedere vodka,or maybe try a few of the more expensive beers or whiskeys,I believe in the UK the premium limit is drinks up to $18.

JC
                            Thank you. The cost per day of the upgrade is £9.36 per day, which I have to phone to do. Drinks on the Classic package are up to 9$ per drink, and up to $15 per drink on the Premium package. My thought was that as I have done very little over the past 18 months, maybe it would be nice to have better wine!
                            2018-

2019 -

2020 -
                            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Thank you. The cost per day of the upgrade is £9.36 per day, which I have to phone to do. Drinks on the Classic package are up to 9$ per drink, and up to $15 per drink on the Premium package. My thought was that as I have done very little over the past 18 months, maybe it would be nice to have better wine!
                              Hi Yogini
                              My wife has got a taste for Prosecco,,,,she gets the Premium package to upgrade to Champagne which isn’t on the Classic.

£9.36 is good,must be an offer…….go for it,it will open up a wide range of wines,,ask the wine waiter to lead you,,,they love showing off.
                              Oh and don’t forget to grab a free lump of cake in Cafe el Bacio with your afternoon tea or coffee…or maybe a Afogato,,,espresso poured
                              over ice cream drizzled with chocolate,,,,,,or if you are going for a nap put a Baileys in it,,,,Decedence!.

JC
                              Last edited by jc, liverpool; 26th July 2021, 04:18 PM.
                              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X