• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ehic - ghic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehic - ghic

As we are trying to gear up for travel again, I thought I would remind you that you can now apply for a GHIC card which replaces the EHIC and will give some cover for medical treatment whilst abroad under reciprocal agreements with certain countries. The full details are on the NHS website. I believe if you still have a valid EHIC card you may use that til it expires. but you can apply for the GHIC card if you have less than 6 month on the EHIC card. Make sure you use the official NHS application on the web - no charge and all done by name DOB and NI Number - takes no more than 5 days to receive in post.

Have received ours, very quick turnaround. No long forms, just D.O.B. & NI number as you say.

Comment

I checked my EHIC a few weeks ago, and it had expired. The GHIC didn't take long to arrive.
      2018-
      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I think our EHIC are still valid if we can remember where they are not seen light for 18months

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Thank you, wasn't aware.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X