• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucket list tour to China April 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bucket list tour to China April 2020

    Afternoon
    could anyone tell me if they have been on the Grand tour of China and Cruise to Japan and South Korea since the start of the Coronavirus or has your tour been cancelled / postponed
    Doris

    #2
    China is largely closed and most travel suspended.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Doris, Bromley View Post
      Afternoon
      could anyone tell me if they have been on the Grand tour of China and Cruise to Japan and South Korea since the start of the Coronavirus or has your tour been cancelled / postponed
      Doris
      We have friends due on a Wendy Wu tour in April and at the moment, they have been told the tour will take place. This advice is also relevant to tours middle of March onwards at the moment. All subject to FCO travel advisories/ sites of interest being open
      Their cancellation info may be of interest to you.

      Comment


        #4
        We were due to travel with Viking River cruises in March, for a China tour, all cancelled and credit raised already, All further tours up to July also cancelled, I would think most sensible and reputable operators will cancel tours well into the future.

        John

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
          We were due to travel with Viking River cruises in March, for a China tour, all cancelled and credit raised already, All further tours up to July also cancelled, I would think most sensible and reputable operators will cancel tours well into the future.

          John
          I'm watching Cunard's reactions to the crises as we like S.E.Asia as a point of call. I know should we ever be in the situation where cruises/ports of call are cancelled, we'd be looked after by Cunard as they undertake the whole holiday for us.

          Makes an interesting point of debate as to book the whole with the company or book your own flights etc.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

            I'm watching Cunard's reactions to the crises as we like S.E.Asia as a point of call. I know should we ever be in the situation where cruises/ports of call are cancelled, we'd be looked after by Cunard as they undertake the whole holiday for us.

            Makes an interesting point of debate as to book the whole with the company or book your own flights etc.
            Historically, we have looked for best value, sometimes a package, sometimes cruise only and do our own flights, the last 12 months has changed that view, we will now only book full packages, accept the price premium and enjoy the security

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

              Historically, we have looked for best value, sometimes a package, sometimes cruise only and do our own flights, the last 12 months has changed that view, we will now only book full packages, accept the price premium and enjoy the security
              Th Ash Cloud formulated that way of thinking for us. Our holidays are expensive and if we book an air ticket for a land based holiday, or a fly cruise, we book as a package and if one part of the whole fails, then it's not our problem in the long run and yes, I know TD will say packages are packages [we'll agree to debate that] but if I'm stuck on a cruise liner half way around the world,, at least I won't have to do the faffing around to re book new flights if ports fail or airlines cancel flights etc.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

                Th Ash Cloud formulated that way of thinking for us. Our holidays are expensive and if we book an air ticket for a land based holiday, or a fly cruise, we book as a package and if one part of the whole fails, then it's not our problem in the long run and yes, I know TD will say packages are packages [we'll agree to debate that] but if I'm stuck on a cruise liner half way around the world,, at least I won't have to do the faffing around to re book new flights if ports fail or airlines cancel flights etc.
                Can’t disagree

                Comment


                We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.


                By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

                Working...
                X