• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA UK Cruise Survey 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    PSA UK Cruise Survey 2011

    This survey is sponsored by the Passenger Shipping Association (PSA), the UK's trade association representing cruise operators in the UK. The aim of the survey is to help the industry understand its customers in order to improve services offered. The survey will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. You will be entered into a prize draw entry for one of 10 bottles of champagne to be drawn in May 2011 .

    PSA UK Cruise Survey 2011
    Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager




    Please note: I am currently on maternity leave. Should you have any admin queries, please send a PM to Nisha at sea . Thanks

    Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager


    #2
    it asks whether you would like to see gratuities included in the cost ..... worth completing as the cruise lines might take note!
    Helen

    the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke View Post
      it asks whether you would like to see gratuities included in the cost ..... worth completing as the cruise lines might take note!
      Done - for the reason you gave!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke View Post
        it asks whether you would like to see gratuities included in the cost ..... worth completing as the cruise lines might take note!
        Done!.........and about time too!..........Wilba
        Wilba

        Comment


          #5
          ah but

          Originally posted by Wilba View Post
          Done!.........and about time too!..........Wilba
          Some may complete the form with a different answer to the one you might expect.
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
            Some may complete the form with a different answer to the one you might expect.
            Whichever view/answer people give I hope the cruiselines take note. if my view is not in the majority it's fine, the result will reflect the general opinion
            Helen

            the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

            Comment


              #7
              Done, for the reason you stated Helen.

              Lizzie.
              Lizzie sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                I like the survey and do hope the 'lines' listen to the responses. However, with reference to the questions on tipping. The survey asked 'Would the cruise line's tipping policy affect your decision whether to book with them?' The choice of answer was yes, no or maybe. This however, does not put your answer into context. For example if the 'lines' policy on tipping was mandatory that may encourage you to book with that 'line' as everyone pays but on the otherhand, for some, it may be a reason not to book with that 'line'

                It was just a thought.

                Vinny
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke View Post
                  it asks whether you would like to see gratuities included in the cost ..... worth completing as the cruise lines might take note!
                  Agree with you Helen so have completed !
                  sigpic
                  Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
                  Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
                  Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
                  Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
                    I like the survey and do hope the 'lines' listen to the responses. However, with reference to the questions on tipping. The survey asked 'Would the cruise line's tipping policy affect your decision whether to book with them?' The choice of answer was yes, no or maybe. This however, does not put your answer into context. For example if the 'lines' policy on tipping was mandatory that may encourage you to book with that 'line' as everyone pays but on the otherhand, for some, it may be a reason not to book with that 'line'

                    It was just a thought.

                    Vinny
                    I don't think I'm alone here Vinny, I object to mandatory grats and would not book with that line, but I'm all for 'tips included' in the initial price.

                    There's a world of difference..........Wilba
                    Wilba

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I won one of the bottles of champagne last year!
                      Meg

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Just done the survey as well and did answer all the questions.
                        EDNA

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I wonder where else has this survey been advertised? The results could be "subjective" to quote Mrs M if it is not available for the masses.......
                          www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Just completed the survey,a little late ,but just spotted your post.Agree wholeheartedly with the reasoning behind your post.Hope it makes a difference,but the cynic in me doubts it!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              .
                              I'm in it as well, no objection from me as to including tips in the price......
                              sigpic
                              Cruisings Cool

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X