• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The V and A from next month.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The V and A from next month.

Hi all, Just reading about an exhibition at said museum of some of the items on show from the RMS Lusitania and Titanic,Ocean Liners, Speed and style, Is showcasing 250 items from the ships such as a diamond Cartier tiara ,Panels from Titanic' s 1st class lounge and a Dior suit worn by Marlene Dietrich as she arrived on QM in NYC in 1950. Paintings and works of art will all be on display from Feb 3rd Till the 17th June. I would love to have a peep but alas its a tad far. Are any of you,s interested? Jan.

Thanks for that, it's something I would be interested in.

Comment

The V & A is always good for a few hours relaxation and the visiting exhibits can be fascinating. I might go if I'm killing time in London, but I wouldn't go specially for this one.

Comment

hmmm we were just talking about some time in London to see a show etc

Comment

Thanks for telling us. The next time I am in London, I will probably go with my daughter.
          Jill

Comment

I've already booked.
            Not sure if this is still valid but Travelzoo have a 5 pound saving.

Book online with Victoria and Albert Museum

Click "Get Tickets" and select your preferred date and time
            Select "Without Donation" and your required quantity of tickets
            Continue to checkout and enter promo code TRAVELZOO (adult tickets) or TRAVELZOO60 (Senior Citizen tickets)
            Click "Proceed to Checkout" and enter your details

Regards
            Garfield

Comment

Thanks we are going to the V&A this month, we have tickets for Opera, Passion, Power and Politics (courtesy of Viking Ocean) we will double up and see both

John

Comment

Its a shame it isn't on next week. I have to go to London for a hospital appointment and will have some spare time. We like to see an exhibition if we can. It sound interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                  Continue to checkout and enter promo code TRAVELZOO (adult tickets) or TRAVELZOO60 (Senior Citizen tickets)
                  Great the discount worked fine. Thanks Garfield!

The National Maritime Museum had a very good exhibition called 'Liners' for quite a few years, sponsored by P&O. Unfortunately it was taken away.
                  Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 4th January 2018, 09:24 PM.
                  See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I read about this last year, it sounds interesting but too far for us. I've got my eye on the Terracotta Warriors at World Museum Liverpool which is achievable as a day visit.

Comment

thanks, got some cruise buddies coming for a visit in Feb something for them to put on the list.

£18pp

Comment

Sounds really interesting but I can’t see us getting down there to see it.

Take care, Helen

Comment

My retirement gift was membership of the V&A for a year. I've been to two exhibitions so far, and plan to see the Ocean Liner exhibition. An advantage of membership is not having to get timed tickets, and getting 10% discount on refreshments.
                          2018-
                          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you