• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When You Think Of Your Cruise Ship......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When You Think Of Your Cruise Ship......

......where do you see yourself?
    On one ship, if someone mentions the name of it, I'm immediately in the outside bar, having a meal in the sunshine.
    On another, I'm sitting at one side, talking to someone from South Africa, as we pull away from Crete.
    Our first ship, Sea Princess, I'm on the balcony, marvelling at the colour of the sea and sand, at Princess Cays.
    Even the mention of HAL's Rotterdam, which was just a day visit, I'm by the pool near the sea lion statue, with Issy and TigerTom.
    Where are you?
    Jo.

I do that kind of imagination more with ports than ships. For instance Villefrance immediately I can see myself sitting at one of the bars just as you get off the tender with a glass of red wine and a plate of cheese.

Comment

Hi Jo,
      I will always place myself in Harlequins if Oriana is mentioned, listening to a certain Queen song that the DJ favoured!
      Golden Princess it would be watching the outdoor movie screen.
      But I can empathise with Bradbury as there are memories of certain ports as well;
      Barbados would be the Careenage with a cold bottle of Banks's - watching Angus Deyton and Keuth Allen hire a boat!
      Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
        ......where do you see yourself?
        On one ship, if someone mentions the name of it, I'm immediately in the outside bar, having a meal in the sunshine.
        On another, I'm sitting at one side, talking to someone from South Africa, as we pull away from Crete.
        Our first ship, Sea Princess, I'm on the balcony, marvelling at the colour of the sea and sand, at Princess Cays.
        Even the mention of HAL's Rotterdam, which was just a day visit, I'm by the pool near the sea lion statue, with Issy and TigerTom.
        Where are you?
        Hi Jo,

For us it “Really has to be Cunard” and QM2 and where ever, in May joining on her first embarkation from Liverpool for 45years.
        Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
          I do that kind of imagination more with ports than ships. For instance Villefrance immediately I can see myself sitting at one of the bars just as you get off the tender with a glass of red wine and a plate of cheese.
          My memories of Villafranche are walking back from train station along the narrow alleyways above the beach road and passing an elderly resident sitting on a kitchen chair at her front door that opened on to the cobbled street. There were the usual Mediterrean flower boxes and at every corner you could glimpse the sun glistened sea down the narrow lanes leading to the beach front. Our ship, Summit, was in the background. We stopped for a cool drink before getting tender back to ship.

Comment

Hi there Jo.

I think back to my first ever cruise on a small ship called Romanza, and my favourite memory would be stood on her forward upper deck as we sailed through the Corinth Canal. Seeing those tall cliffs rise above us and the spectators gathered on the bridge that crosses the canal, watching our ship's passage through the narrow straits.

Years later, when hubby and & I took our first cruise together, I think of us sitting on the prom deck of Island Escape, watching a dramatic thunderstorm which lit up the evening sky pink & purple.

I have 2 favourite memories of my first encounter with Ventura. The first is sitting in the coach as we approached the dock gates in Barbados and hearing other passengers saying "Look at the size of that ship..." "Wow, she's huge!" etc and giggling and thinking exactly the same thing myself. My second memory places me at the Breakers Bar enjoying my first Caribbean cocktail, excitement building in my tummy at the thought of our approaching sailaway. So very special...
            Last edited by Pippa, Kernow; 12th February 2013, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Hi Maybe it's me but I don't really have many "specific" memories of a cruise ship, I have a hololistic approach the entire cruise experience. All I require is good food and service, the ship not to feel too overcrowded, good weather and to a lesser extent interesting ports of call

Comment

hi,so far the lasting memory is dining under the stars on sea princess in the med,we had been to monte carlo that day,and such a feeling of contentment was magical,happy days.

Comment

You have stirred some memories with this thread!

My first ever cruise was way back on Sun Cruises Seawing. I can just picture myself looking out over the Andaman Sea and watching QE2 sail past us on the horizon.

I remember my first glimpse of QM2 as the car drove me across Manhatten to the terminal - that was a real WOW moment.

When it comes to Voyager of the Seas, I think of early mornings sitting in the Solarium reading before the temperature got too hot.

Here's to many more cruising experiences to recall!
                  2018-
                  Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                  NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                  Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                  Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                  Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Emerald (I think?) sitting in a jacuzzi with a tequila sunrise sailing out of the Caldera at Santorini :-)
                    sigpic

Comment

It doesn't matter which ship, what comes to mind is standing at the rails, watching as we pull out from the dock.
                      Then walking to the stern to watch the wake and stay there until land slips out of sight. Bliss!

Comment

Celebrity Eclipse............Martini Bar.......or even Tuscan Grille and Murano.......hard to decide.

Any other ship and it's favourite bar and restaurant where I imagine myself being.

Bob

Comment

WINDSTAR - sailaway with 'Time to Say Goodbye' being played.
                          SILVERSEA - Panorama Lounge after dinner, cocktail in hand.
                          Whenever the word 'CRUISE' is mentioned I think of being poolside with a glass of well-chilled champagne or white wine and all the wonderful places you can sail to.

Comment

when I think of my favourite cruiseline I think of sitting at their back bar eating lunch or having a drink taking in the wake. if I think of my first cruise it reminds me of looking over the railings looking into the water and beyond having a wee cuddle with hubbie.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Clowi, Oxfordshire View Post
                              WINDSTAR - sailaway with 'Time to Say Goodbye' being played.
                              SILVERSEA - Panorama Lounge after dinner, cocktail in hand.
                              Whenever the word 'CRUISE' is mentioned I think of being poolside with a glass of well-chilled champagne or white wine and all the wonderful places you can sail to.
                              Hi A good choice, although I would replace the champagne/cocktail with a good malt whisky, however, the selection on Silversea does need a little improvement they don't stock any Islay whiskies - it's a hard life I know!
                              PS A pre-dinner expresso maritini is a further treat.
                              Last edited by JOHN B SLOOP, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 13th February 2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X