• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does a song take you on a cruise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Hot Hot Hot by Arrow. Cunard Countess in 1995 during our cruise round the Caribbean. They started all the sail away parties with this song.

Comment

Mrs M - the same song was played on our first cruise way back in 95 on Oriana - it reminds me of the Caribbean.
      "Hammer to fall" by Queen also reminds me of our first cruise - I was shocked that the DJ actually had it and played it!
      Last edited by Brian, South Ockendon; 15th March 2012, 09:57 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
        Feeling Hot Hot Hot by Arrow. Cunard Countess in 1995 during our cruise round the Caribbean. They started all the sail away parties with this song.
        Wonderful. I remember it from 1991, same ship, probably the same group and the same ports. But the best sail aways I've ever experienced. Thanks for reminding me.
        It seems to me that rudeness is the refuge of the incompetent

Comment

Time to Say Goodbye, Andrea Bocelli. Played at the sailaway on Wind Surf from Civitavecchia in 2010, brought tears to my eyes! They played a shortened version leaving every port.

Feeling Hot Hot Hot, played at our first ever sailaway, leaving San Juan on Monarch of the Seas in 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            Enya's Orinoco Flow [often known as 'Sail Away']

I bought the album it was on just before we went on our first cruise twenty years ago.

Takes me to Alaska every time I hear it.

Flippin 'eck! Is it that old?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X