• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Cruising better in the Past?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
    I've just come across this photo of me on board Fairsea in 1964. I'm the one in shorts on the right.
    Dave, what was the world like when everything was 'black & white' and people used to walk very fast (I've seen the old news reels)?
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Oliver, Essex View Post
      Dave, what was the world like when everything was 'black & white' and people used to walk very fast (I've seen the old news reels)?
      Shhh! Dave is sensitive about his age ;) :D

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba, N View Post
        Things were definitely a little more basic if you go back to the era of Dave's pictures. But better? Yes, no one ever considered even asking if they could wear jeans or 3/4s in the Dining Room, no one loud mouthing or kids running wild around the ship, no caffs or burger bars for the non conformists.

Cruising was better 'cos the people had a better attitude, they wanted it to be a special occasion rather than an upgrade from McDonalds......Now if that don't create a reaction I'll eat my Crown & Anchor cap!
        Wey Hey Me Lad.........Bottoms Up !
        Slave to the Deal

Comment

Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
          There is something I really miss - streamers! I remember thousands of brightly-coloured paper ribbons festooning the side of the ship as people waved and cheered.

When did we stop throwing streamers?
          Good heavens i had forgotten that. The last time I had streamers was on P&O leaving Soton about 7 years ago. We also had flags to wave, free champers and lite bites. Those were the days. PS I also remember that every night there was a midnight buffet! Now, there was a photo opportunity.
          Last edited by Macro, Reading; 30th December 2009, 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling
          Slave to the Deal

Comment

Originally posted by yorkie, somerset View Post
            then it was for the rich and stick up i am neither iwork hard and save hard for my holidays and iam a commoner
            Why do you believe that if you are rich you are stuck up? Why do you believe that the rich do not work hard? Most got rich by working hard. Does that mean they also change 'class'?
            You are not "stuck up" ?
            Read what you wrote again and see if you change your mind. Snobbery or bigotry are not confined to ones class. You can be 'common' in any class, even "commoner" class.
            Slave to the Deal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X