• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost of Cruise's Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost of Cruise's Past

Ghost of Cruise's Past or they do exist.
    I posted ths on another board in case anybody thinks I copied it as it is my own story and I'm the same author.

No, this was not me being stingy or not paying tips to deserved crew member's or yelling at my tablemates that I am right and they have no manners or sending my steak back three times to have it cooked right. It was not me closing the elevator door on a person with a walking cane who tried to get onboard nor pushing a few folks to get a better seat in the show.
    Was the Ghost of Cruise's Past here for a different reason or to prevent me from cruising in this life and forever.

The Ghost of Cruises Past caused me to wake up with a shock as I wrapped my 20lb duvet around me causing my wife to moan that she is cold.
    It was the memory of breakfast on the balcony docked at Bonaire and the warm sun bathing my body in its rays. The gentle tradewinds as we relaxed on the beach in Tortola, the extra rum on the bus that made me smile and flirt and dance, whoops that is a different story.
    It was our sail away party on deck in Antigua , loudly singing Rule Britannia at the RCl American ship beside us, wanted to show them that Brits with drinks and sun can outshine anybody.
    It was the sunset on the deck and the warmth, the ladies dressed in their soft dresses and some with well not much and my OH mumbling about , put your eyes back.
    It was all that and 14 lovely wonderful days of cruising around the Islands and Barbados.

It was the realization that this was our 3rd day cruising on our 14 day cruise and here we were in a bloody cold place while all this happened at this time last year.
    The Ghost of Cruises Past left me with a smile but was it also a laugh I heard or was it a message. I have left you with a memory and reminder to go forward and return to a new cruise in the warmth,
    sigpicRob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Bah Humbug..............................

Comment

Time for another cruise!
      Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Originally posted by Smee, Burntwood View Post
        Bah Humbug..............................
        Smee,, like your humour.
        Remember though you still have two more visits to mend your ways , otherwise
        sigpicRob
        Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X