• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you bring home from your cruise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Richard , I see you are suitably attired and on the back of the ship, was it a sailaway ? Hope the grandchild liked the camel.CG
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
      Hi Richard , I see you are suitably attired and on the back of the ship, was it a sailaway ? Hope the grandchild liked the camel.CG
      Sure was a sailaway party, P&O do the best. Not that I can remember much about that one though the Suez transit that followed was amazing.

Comment

Just caught up with this topic, when I saw the title I thought of a few quips but they've all come up - large bill: bronchitis - some good responses.

I see you're showing your Middle Eastern ancestry Richard, dressed as an Arab - it helps explain your abstinence from alcohol.

Comment

I came back yesterday with a knitted poncho (all the rage this winter again for my daughter made in Montenegro in the mountains. I think I was suitably 'fleeced' to use a pun as it cost fifty euros and I had to pay sixty euros for excess baggage yesterday at the airport. I blamed the weight of the formal clothes when discussing with my husband but I knew secretly it was the poncho and I would have looked a sight sticking it on in thirty degrees heat just to get on the plane!
          It looks quite Oxfamy so Ella will look good at University and can wear in on winter nights - she loved it. I also bought those little slipper socks that are knitted and my husband says Im not allowed to wear them in bed! As if I would!
          I also bought more little Murano Christmas tree baubles to go with my Santa on a gondola from last year.
          Heather

Comment

Hi all
            Just to turn it round a bit......
            Has anybody ever been to Cairo and not bought a Cartouche + chain from the shop they always take you to.
            JC
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi all
              Has anybody ever been to Cairo and not bought a Cartouche + chain from the shop they always take you to.
              JC
              Me...I resented spending time there...but I did use the loo!

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi all
                JC
                Yep, I bought naf all
                Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                  Yep, I bought naf all
                  Wilba
                  Me also.
                  Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Not Cairo, but Alexandria! They passed round the laminated pictures of them on the Coach, so we could 'pre-order' & all would be ready when we got to the actual shop!

No I didn't order, nor did I buy anything from the Jewellers/ Souvenir shop/Papyrus place!
                    That was with RCI, we were furious as we were hurried along everywhere until we got to the Shops!!
                    Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Egypt is the only place we have ever succumbed to buying souvenirs as we prefer to spend our money on experiences rather than on things. We have a wonderful basalt Horus - not the fake basalt they sell to tourists, ours ways loads. A good job Luxor airport aren't too bothered about luggage weight. We also have a huge papyrus we bought in Aswan. I can't recall buying souvenirs anywhere else - on our last 1 week cruise we sent a postcard and bough some Internet time but that was all. We're not tight-fisted but just prefer photos for memories rather than yet another item to dust.
                      Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

I had a piece of jewellery made which I designed myself also in Kusadasi the jeweller is called Massis and every Christmas he sends us a card, he liked the locket which I designed so much that he made four with different colour stones in the middle, and when we went back the following year he told me he had sold all 4 of them to Americans that came in from a cruise ship LOL mine has a Aquamarine in the centre the others had Turquoise, Garnet, Topaz,Peridot, if my memory serves me well, thats the beauty of the jewellers in that part of the world, I was fortunate to be able to take pictures at each stage and it took nearly a week but I wasn't in any rush as we were there for 2 weeks.
                        Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                        Richard, what a lovely story and the "house" looks fabulous!

If we go to Kusadasi I visit one jeweller who over the last three years has been making me a set of jewellery one piece at a time and now have a unique set that I have designed myself. We go straight to the shop and he has it ready in the afternoon, amazing.

My OH jokes he is always so pleased to see us as he sees pound signs but I like to think maybe he does quite like us as well..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Balmcake, Leeds (2) View Post
                          I had a piece of jewellery made which I designed myself also in Kusadasi the jeweller is called Massis and every Christmas he sends us a card, he liked the locket which I designed so much that he made four with different colour stones in the middle, and when we went back the following year he told me he had sold all 4 of them to Americans that came in from a cruise ship LOL mine has a Aquamarine in the centre the others had Turquoise, Garnet, Topaz,Peridot, if my memory serves me well, thats the beauty of the jewellers in that part of the world, I was fortunate to be able to take pictures at each stage and it took nearly a week but I wasn't in any rush as we were there for 2 weeks.
                          That sounds lovely- are you going to share a picture with us?
                          The weekend after we returned from our cruise to Venice, I won a plastic gondola in the church fair- I thought I should put it next to my Ventura picture.....
                          (I must remember which church it came from, so I don't return it to the same place..... )
                          Jo.
                          Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X