• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Ship Photographs and Photographers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Ship Photographs and Photographers

Two of the four review machines on Queen Elizabeth

Last edited by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent; 5th February 2011, 08:53 AM. Reason: Presentation

Hi Richard. Did you take up this offer, and did it come up to your expectations?
    EDNA

Comment

Richard,

You will be pleased to know that you will be able to utilise the same technology on your forthcoming cruise on IOTS. They have been using it for a few years now and offer a similar package to purchase all pictures on a CD.

Personally, I think some of the best pictures we have, have been taken by the on board team. They always seem to be able to capture the moment. Whilst the prices are in my opinion a little expensive, they do compare favourably with having them done professionally at home.

Vinny
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edna , Cardiff View Post
        Hi Richard. Did you take up this offer, and did it come up to your expectations?
        EDNA
        Hi Edna, I assume you had a good night last night.

Yes, I did take up the offer and would say it certainly met both my expectations and what the team promised.

I clocked just over three hundred pictures (3 CDs worth) but was beaten hands down by a lady travelling with three children who, according to my man on the inside, clocked over a thousand.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
          Richard,

You will be pleased to know that you will be able to utilise the same technology on your forthcoming cruise on IOTS. They have been using it for a few years now and offer a similar package to purchase all pictures on a CD.

Personally, I think some of the best pictures we have, have been taken by the on board team. They always seem to be able to capture the moment. Whilst the prices are in my opinion a little expensive, they do compare favourably with having them done professionally at home.

Vinny
          I shall look forward to it Vinny. The Cunard Photographic Department was actually a concessionaire business ( Image :: Onboard Cruise Photography ) so I'm not surprised that it exists on other recently launched cruise ships. Just surprised no one has raised the subject before.
          Last edited by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent; 5th February 2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

When I was on Boudicca i mentioned the waste of paper in printing all the photographs that were taken and was told that they would be installing a facility that would allow passengers to view, crop and print photograps....is that the same thing? It sounds good but would have to be easy to use for us non-techie folk.
            sigpic
            Tiggertom
            shaken, not purred

Comment

Originally posted by tiggertom, Cumbernauld View Post
              When I was on Boudicca i mentioned the waste of paper in printing all the photographs that were taken and was told that they would be installing a facility that would allow passengers to view, crop and print photograps....is that the same thing? It sounds good but would have to be easy to use for us non-techie folk.
              They are really simple to use. You simply pop your card in and follow the instructions. There are always staff nearby to help you if you need help.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                I shall look forward to it Vinny. The Cunard Photographic Department was actually a concessionaire business ( Image :: Onboard Cruise Photography ) so I'm not surprised that it exists on other recently launched cruise ships. Just surprised no one has raised the subject before.
                I'm not certain, but I think it is also a concession on IOTS, perhaps it is the same company. I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
                  I'm not certain, but I think it is also a concession on IOTS, perhaps it is the same company. I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it.
                  The link I gave in my previous post, to Image.com certainly shows a picture of a Royal caribbean ship.

Comment

The link I gave in my previous post, to Image.com certainly shows a picture of a Royal caribbean ship.
                    I'm almost certain that the word 'image' is printed on the pictures I have from IOTS. Must be the same company.

Not long to go now. I guess you will be getting on as Spartan, Delboy and Sophie get off.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wonder if it will be the same price for the world cruise, or will they charge more do you think? Any one done a long cruise where the discs have been available?
                      EDNA

Comment

I wonder if it will be the same price for the world cruise, or will they charge more do you think? Any one done a long cruise where the discs have been available?
                        EDNA
                        Why should it be any different on a long cruise?

Comment

Comment

EDNA
                            I guess it might depend on how many pictures you have taken/size of the disc???

Lizzie.
                            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

on the Eclipse if you got your photo taken as you boarded, we didn't!, you could view all of your photos taken by the ships photographers on your cabin TV.

the best photos we have ever had taken was on RCI legend of the seas. they were 'casual' photos taken by a female photographer. even I looked quite good. ;)
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X