• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasons Greetings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent
    started a topic Seasons Greetings

Seasons Greetings

Seasons Greetings Forum Members

Tomorrow sees the start of the Christmas itinerary cruise departures from Southampton. I know a number of members will be heading that way either today or tomorrow to get the seasonal cruising underway.

With packing well advanced I thought I would take this opportunity to wish all members, wherever they may be cruising, or awaiting their next, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and successful New Year.

Those good wishes also go to the Staff at Cruise.co. Keep up the good work please.

For those who have not yet cruised over a Christmas, there is in practice a nice tradition, certainly onboard British ships, that helps set both the scene and the atmosphere onboard. That is the adorning of one's cabin or stateroom door with some festive decoration.

The seasonal decoration we use is the one pictured above which we purchased some years ago at Ponta Delgada, while on passage to The Caribbean onboard Aurora.

A special greeting to 'absent friends', Neil Down and Gordon Rhys. One I know was in Tunis onboard Aurora yesterday, the other I suspect is out on another ocean at this very moment, toasting under a hot sun.

Feel free to add any pictures of shipboard decorations you may have and again, have a good Christmas.

Richard

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    Just in case anyone is hazy about the Christmas story...

YouTube - THE DIGITAL STORY OF NATIVITY - ( or Christmas 2.0 )
    That is superb Mrs M. I liked it. :D

Leave a comment:

• Calgray, Yorkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Thanks Mrs M!

Dont quite know what to say.

The times they are a changing.

Very interesting though.

Wonder how things will be portrayed in another 2000 years?
    I'd like to come back for a brief moment in time to see.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tomvet, limerick, roi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PM, SW
    replied
    Best wishes to you Richard and all fellow members. Have a great trip. Whilst not cruising over Christmas myself,I will be in the sun (hopefully) in Lanzerote.

Regards
    PM

Leave a comment:

• RobBar, Canada
    replied
    Originally posted by MarieC, Troon View Post
    Nice pic Rob and nice to have you back. Hope you had a good cruise.
    Thanks Marie... we had spent another week with family in Barbados after the cruise so just got back last week
    If you go to my website you will see some pictures but I still have to write a review and do a new posting

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice pic Rob and nice to have you back. Hope you had a good cruise.

Leave a comment:

• RobBar, Canada
    replied
    A Mery Christmas to all of you and the best of the New Year.
    As we just got back from 5 weeks in the Caribbean, it is hard to fathom winter for us which is rain not snow. Shopping now starts,
    My two granddogs watching for Richard... while protecting him from the local Deer.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/10194840...12514679305666

(still having issues dropping the picture from the web page to this one
    Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 16th December 2010, 05:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pete, Caerphilly
    replied
    Originally posted by hat776, malta View Post
    pete - how would you post one that was in an e=mail ? I managed to save some photo's from e-mails to Photobucket - would I have to do the same ?
    Highlight the link by clicking just at the start and then drag the pointer along until every letter goes blue, then release the mouse button, and then do the CTRL + C and continue from there
    Another way of highlighting is click immediatly to the left of the link then press and hold down SHIFT whilst then pressing the "arrow pointing right" button, again keep going until it is all blue.

For posting photos see "For Non-techies who need help" thread post number 60, but i know you know how to post a picture, just post as you normally would from photobucket

PETE
    Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 16th December 2010, 12:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hat776, malta
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Blyth, Dundee View Post
    We do record this concert, one of these years we will get tickets, but might have to wait until I win a million :D
    Bill - on New Year's Day there are other concerts besides the one being televised and they are excellent as well.
    Tickets for them are much easier to get.

Leave a comment:

• hat776, malta
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
    Easy, get the page you want on screen
    1)left click in the address bar (the one that starts http://) the words go blue
    2)press CTRL +C
    3) go to your reply box
    4)Left mouse click where you want the link
    5) press CTRL + V

Job done

Pete
    pete - how would you post one that was in an e=mail ? I managed to save some photo's from e-mails to Photobucket - would I have to do the same ?

Leave a comment:

• Bill Blyth, Dundee
    replied
    Originally posted by MarieC, Troon View Post
    Bill, this is really nice. Reminds me that it's not too long until one of my favourite programmes. BBC2 around 11am -The New Year's Day Concert from Vienna. If you haven't watched before, it's a real treat.

I love all these e.cards and had been sent the same Snowman card as yourself and Pete already posted. Sandie's was also lovely.:D
    We do record this concert, one of these years we will get tickets, but might have to wait until I win a million :D

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bill Blyth, Dundee View Post
    These cards are great so I should plug Jacquai Lawson a great way to send a lovely card/message to anyone, now for the last one today Under the Tree - animated Flash ecard by Jacquie Lawson
    Bill, this is really nice. Reminds me that it's not too long until one of my favourite programmes. BBC2 around 11am -The New Year's Day Concert from Vienna. If you haven't watched before, it's a real treat.

I love all these e.cards and had been sent the same Snowman card as yourself and Pete already posted. Sandie's was also lovely.:D

Leave a comment:

• Bill Blyth, Dundee
    replied
    These cards are great so I should plug Jacquai Lawson a great way to send a lovely card/message to anyone, now for the last one today Under the Tree - animated Flash ecard by Jacquie Lawson

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X