• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasons Greetings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasons Greetings

Seasons Greetings Forum Members

Tomorrow sees the start of the Christmas itinerary cruise departures from Southampton. I know a number of members will be heading that way either today or tomorrow to get the seasonal cruising underway.

With packing well advanced I thought I would take this opportunity to wish all members, wherever they may be cruising, or awaiting their next, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and successful New Year.

Those good wishes also go to the Staff at Cruise.co. Keep up the good work please.

For those who have not yet cruised over a Christmas, there is in practice a nice tradition, certainly onboard British ships, that helps set both the scene and the atmosphere onboard. That is the adorning of one's cabin or stateroom door with some festive decoration.

The seasonal decoration we use is the one pictured above which we purchased some years ago at Ponta Delgada, while on passage to The Caribbean onboard Aurora.

A special greeting to 'absent friends', Neil Down and Gordon Rhys. One I know was in Tunis onboard Aurora yesterday, the other I suspect is out on another ocean at this very moment, toasting under a hot sun.

Feel free to add any pictures of shipboard decorations you may have and again, have a good Christmas.

Richard

Happy and healthy christmas to you Richard ( i was hardley awake when I posted this)
    feliz navidad
    Last edited by spanish lady, torrevieja; 13th December 2010, 10:57 AM. Reason: wrong name

Comment

A very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you too Richard.

Have a lovely cruise, we shall :D:D:D
      Jo

Comment

Thank you Richard and very best wishes to you and your family, and to the "virtual" family that this forum has provided
        Hope the New Year brings lots of opportunity for cruising!..Carol

Comment

Seasons Greetings.

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Richard, and all who use the site.
          Enjoy your cruise!

I will be home for Christmas this year, as I was onboard last year, so this year it is my turn!

I will be coming out of Angola on Thursday,( Airports and Weather Permitting!!!!) Should be back in the UK Friday.

Seismiccruiser.........................;)

Comment

Seasons Greetings

A Very Merry Christmas to you and your wife Richard, to all at Cruise Dot and to all on the cruise forum.
            We have certainly had some interesting topics over the last year and I lookk forward to another interesting year
            A seasonal wreath from Colonial Williamsburg. CG
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
              A Very Merry Christmas to you and your wife Richard, to all at Cruise Dot and to all on the cruise forum.
              We have certainly had some interesting topics over the last year and I lookk forward to another interesting year
              A seasonal wreath from Colonial Williamsburg. CG
              Hi CG. I don't want to appear frivolous but when I first looked at your picture I though they were Dollar Bills attached to the wreath.

Now JC will accuse me of only thinking 'money' again.

Best wishes to you all in in Kernow.

Comment

Here is a link to a very nice E-XMAS CARD I received off a cousin of mine

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/pr...66187/graphic1

Pete
                Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 13th December 2010, 11:08 AM.
                Pete

sigpic
                If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Bon Voyage and a Merry Christmas to you and yours Richard.

We have friends sailing on QE. tomorrow too.
                  Told them to look out for the dapper guy with numerous colours of DJ's. :D
                  sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Hi Pete...that's fantastic...almost enough to make me want to get tech savvy! Just going to play it again for May.Oh,btw Richard,seasons greetings from Old Stan.. just don't wear that pale blue jacket with the pink shirt and white trousers,while you're away.It's a NO. Kind regards Stan.;):D:D

Comment

NADOLIG LLAWEN.
                      A Christmas wish from Wales. A happy Christmas to all my new friends on the forum and the staff from cruise dot. Have a great cruise to the people away over Christmas, and all the rest have a great time with friends and family. Maybe one day I shall do a Christmas and New Year cruise. Got it on my wish list.
                      EDNA

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                        Seasons Greetings Forum Members

Those good wishes also go to the Staff at Cruise.co. Keep up the good work please.

For those who have not yet cruised over a Christmas, there is in practice a nice tradition, certainly onboard British ships, that helps set both the scene and the atmosphere onboard. That is the adorning of one's cabin or stateroom door with some festive decoration.

The seasonal decoration we use is the one pictured above which we purchased some years ago at Ponta Delgada, while on passage to The Caribbean onboard Aurora.

Feel free to add any pictures of shipboard decorations you may have and again, have a good Christmas.

Richard
                        And may I wish you and yours - good sailing, smooth waters and good companions on your future cruise.

We have never done a Christmas/New Year cruise before. In fact we have not been away from the family before..........that may be a bit hard when Christmas Day comes but...........hey I expect we will manage somehow.

Now - those door decorations - I cannot think that any cruise line would be happy for people to come along and stick drawing pins in cabin doors/ceilings etc.
                        We have been out and bought some small decorations for the cabin but.............the million dollar question..........how do we stick that decoration on the door?

I have found one of those plastic hooks (you wet the back and stick it up) but they can leave a mark that is neigh on impossible to remove.
                        Blu Tack may not be man enough for a swinging bauble and one of those hooks that you peel off the pad also leaves nasty marks, so........go on, let me into the secret.........how is it done?:D

Comment

Originally posted by SandieA, Torbay View Post
                          And may I wish you and yours - good sailing, smooth waters and good companions on your future cruise.

We have never done a Christmas/New Year cruise before. In fact we have not been away from the family before..........that may be a bit hard when Christmas Day comes but...........hey I expect we will manage somehow.

Now - those door decorations - I cannot think that any cruise line would be happy for people to come along and stick drawing pins in cabin doors/ceilings etc.
                          We have been out and bought some small decorations for the cabin but.............the million dollar question..........how do we stick that decoration on the door?

I have found one of those plastic hooks (you wet the back and stick it up) but they can leave a mark that is neigh on impossible to remove.
                          Blu Tack may not be man enough for a swinging bauble and one of those hooks that you peel off the pad also leaves nasty marks, so........go on, let me into the secret.........how is it done?:D
                          Most cabin doors have a little security spy hole. Last year we unscrewed it half a turn, just enough to get the hanging thread around it.

Others use very thin flat ribbon up and over the door and secured on the inside.

Some passengers use their mail rack.

Where there's a will there's a way

Comment

Most cabin doors have a little security spy hole. Last year we unscrewed it half a turn, just enough to get the hanging thread around it.

Others use very thin flat ribbon up and over the door and secured on the inside.

Thank you so much - off to hunt out the ribbon and silver thread :D

One more thing - nothing to do with gratuities - honest.
                            Would it be in order to give one's cabin steward a card with a monetary gift inside on Christmas Day?

Comment

Are the doors metal ?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X